• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Charging

AJD10

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I charged my car to 100% ( 100% indicated on the dashboard). The issue I have is that it only shows 125 miles when I thought max is 160 miles. As anyone have the same issue. Thanks

There is a BMS software issue on most newly released cars that the MG dealers are aware off, can you charge your car on a home charger with your doors open or unlocked? If you can you have the BMS software, which has an issue.
The new BMS update to correct these errors should be out later this week and therefore please speak to your local dealer as I’m sure they will be aware of this problem.

I don't have a clue tbh. How do I find out what mode it's in and how to put it into the correct mode.
The HVAC is the (High Voltage Air Conditioning) basically the heating, you can turn it on and if by pushing the centre of the heating control button. Sounds like someone hasn’t read the owners manual...😄👍

Also mode is Sport, Normal or Eco.

This setting and whether HVAC is on will govern what mileage the GOM displays.

However, as Mark says, it looks like you are affected by the BMS bug.

The BMS is the (Battery Management System) just for clarity incase you were wondering what it stood for..👍

What mode? Is HVAC on or off

Also mode is Sport, Normal or Eco.

This setting and whether HVAC is on will govern what mileage the GOM displays.

However, as Mark says, it looks like you are affected by the BMS bug.
There is nothing on as charging it in my garage, 100 %= 125 miles looks like a phone call to the dealership is required. Thanks

Does the upgrade affect the MG 5 as well ? If so I presume they will not upgrade my car when it arrives in a week or so...

Does the upgrade affect the MG 5 as well ? If so I presume they will not upgrade my car when it arrives in a week or so...
To be honest I would guess it would, but I can’t say yes for definite; would be strange if it didn’t.

Without the BMS update, my range meter over estimates: 170 miles at 455v on a full charge, heater off and eco
doing 3.5 miles per KW with the heater on, about 145 miles, not 170 minus 10% for the heater.
If you push the door lock button with the car locked and without the key, percentage is displayed while charging for those without the unlocked charging update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom