Chinese EV Ponzi scheme = fields full of EVs unused!

EVsince2016

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone seen these videos of the Chinese EV Ponzi scam?

- fields full of new abandoned EVs

and the bikes!

If I had an MG on order, I'd be cancelling it. This whole EV nonsense is nothing to do with saving the planet, and everything to do with making big bucks .

If I had an MG on order, I'd be cancelling it. This whole EV nonsense is nothing to do with saving the planet, and everything to do with making big bucks .
Sad but true, every car manufacture is in it for themselves and their investors, the west included. Let’s not pretend the west is whiter than white when it comes to EV manufacture and sales.

Indeed, but this is another dimension surely? As to the assertion that the West is just as guilty which is debatable, it doesn't make what the Chinese are up to any less reprehensible.

Well I certainly don't want a new wallet, that was very annoying. Or a BYD if that's their approach.

Indeed, but this is another dimension surely? As to the assertion that the West is just as guilty which is debatable, it doesn't make what the Chinese are up to any less reprehensible.
For example our household recycled rubbish ends up in barges in Asia !
We can’t pretend to have the moral high grown and still be playing our part in global environmental disorder.

A Thought?, if there are all these piles of dumped new EVs. Why is there such a loong waiting period for delivery of new EVs? :unsure:
To give the impression of high demand. push up the price and win customers in the west. And as the hope remove western car manufacturers from the market place.
We will then have to accept what they give us!

To give the impression of high demand. push up the price and win customers in the west. And as the hope remove western car manufacturers from the market place.
Surely pushing up the price is self defeating, as one of the obstacles to EV ownership is the cost. I would have thought if the price was nearer to that of an average ICE vehicle that the man in the street can afford EV ownership would rocket.

They say there's nothing new under the sun: people of a certain age may remember the 'wine lakes' and 'butter mountains' a few decades ago.

That's capitalism. It has its faults but it has produced better outcomes than communism. Hence why China switched from one to the other. You can still be totalitarian or not with either. Tesla would never have been created in a communist arena.

That's capitalism. It has its faults but it has produced better outcomes than communism. Hence why China switched from one to the other. You can still be totalitarian or not with either. Tesla would never have been created in a communist arena.
Agree totally, and at least we can also critisise our Government -for now at least !

Has anyone seen these videos of the Chinese EV Ponzi scam?

- fields full of new abandoned EVs

and the bikes!

So "Ming the merciless" rules then!!!:devilish:

A few years back we had airfields full of diesels and in the US there's over 100,000 new VWs dumped due to dieselgate.

Just sad it's EVs this time!

Hey, send them to Africa, they need them!

Finally debunked, they're not EV's they're ICE cars !

Wow, at least good news that they are not EVs or EVs with working batteries!

My only comment is, who on earth bar an expert knows what type of cars they are as we have so little knowledge of Chinese brands?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom