• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Chorley Motor Group Chorley - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

This one seems to be better at customer service and after care too - I messaged through the website to request a service plan quote, told them I'm low mileage, they then emailed me the appropriate quote as requested. Other dealers have either ignored my request or tried to phone me instead, when I specifically asked for a quote to be emailed.

My local dealer couldn't / wouldn't do Comfort 2 update on my 2020 ZS EV after selling it to me, but was happy to pay another dealer to do so!?!? After days phoning every MG dealer for 150 miles around, Chorley MG service dept, were the only ones willing / keen to do it.
Their service was amazing - told me the car had never had an update and they did all available. Then to cap it off, they refused payment!!! I insisted I pay something and eventually they agreed - under duress! What a dealership - lovely people and a great attitude.
Am considering using them for all my servicing needs - even though they are 150miles from home!

Fantastic service I ordered my MG ZS EV and within 20 days I got it.
I was told every step of the way what was going to happen next.When the car arrived at the dealership and then a collection date June 2022 thanks to Steven Fell
Would highly recommend Chorley Group Burnley I even travelled from Birmingham about 115 miles. Absolutely love the car

Last edited:
I finally ordered my car today [Updating my other threads later to avoid inconvenience]
Artic White SE SR:
Absolutely fantastic dealer experience, assisted me to try wheelchair in boot, test drive, & no hard sell bullshit. A true gentleman, looks like he has short ranges coming in by early next month.
Give him a call
Chorley MG: Simon Kennard: 01257 240614.

I finally ordered my car today [Updating my other threads later to avoid inconvenience]
Artic White SE SR:
Absolutely fantastic dealer experience, assisted me to try wheelchair in boot, test drive, & no hard sell bullsh*t. A true gentleman, looks like he has short ranges coming in by early next month.
Give him a call
Chorley MG: Simon Kennard: 01257 240614.
I dealt with Daniel Goff at Chorley MG (Burnley) on 4th/5th November and he was awesome too (Volcano Orange MG4 Trophy).

I Made sure to put a good review for him on Trust Pilot too as he helped out (even when he was the only one there and snowed under) and he made it a smooth and easy experience.

We ordered our ZS EV Trophy LR from the lads at Chorley ( Burnley ) and the team was brilliant on keeping us informed on it's progress about every 5 - 6 weeks.
Collected the car mid March 2022 and the service was brilliant.
It is important to note that we likely passed about another 5 or 6 MG dealers on route to Burnley.
The around trip is over 200 miles.
We have three MG dealers, all within a 10 - 15 minute drive from our home address in N. Wales.
The car WILL be paying a visit to the Chorley lads for it's first service in late Feb 2023.
Why travel this far ?.
Simple, because I trust these people to treat my car with respect and get the worked carried out correctly.
The lads have a lot of years of EV experience and knowledge.
Applying large software updates correctly can be tricky, if not done by experienced people.
I have been on the wrong end of updates going wrong and it stranded the car for three days !.

Visited CHorley branch on thursday for MOT and Service all good nothing to report saled through
While there had a test drive in the MG4 Trophy LR must say a very nice car drives nice but due to my father being 97 and have to take him to doctors and hospital appointments he couldn't get in the car safely so will have to keep the ZS for a while
Just a heads up second hand value is dropping sharply in the last couple of months be aware if your sat on the fence for a new MG

Just a heads up second hand value is dropping sharply in the last couple of months be aware if your sat on the fence for a new MG
I posted a video on the forum reporting on this last week.
EV values have really dropped in the last few weeks.
As prices for charging on the move have increased SO rapidly recently, people are starting to question why they are:-
( A ) Waiting SO long for the car to arrive.
( B ) Justifying the extra outlay cost of an EV over the equivalent ICE model.
All plugin grants and free / subsidised wall box chargers have now evaporated also.
EV’s will be subjected VED ( road tax ) as well.
The case for switching from ICE to EV has become less attractive / compelling recently.
If you have switched out your previous EV in the last six months, then you have done very well.
It will be really interesting to see what happens to the residual EV values in the next six months ?.
With all of these “blockers” in place, it does nothing to encourage the switch from fossil to electric cars and vans.
One step forward, two steps back !.
Are we heading down that same dark path that we travelled, when people were actively encouraged to move from petrol to derv ???.
Well, we ALL know how that ended, don’t we.

I posted a video on the forum reporting on this last week.
EV values have really dropped in the last few weeks.
As prices for charging on the move have increased SO rapidly recently, people are starting to question why they are:-
( A ) Waiting SO long for the car to arrive.
( B ) Justifying the extra outlay cost of an EV over the equivalent ICE model.
All plugin grants and free / subsidised wall box chargers have now evaporated also.
EV’s will be subjected VED ( road tax ) as well.
The case for switching from ICE to EV has become less attractive / compelling recently.
If you have switched out your previous EV in the last six months, then you have done very well.
It will be really interesting to see what happens to the residual EV values in the next six months ?.
With all of these “blockers” in place, it does nothing to encourage the switch from fossil to electric cars and vans.
One step forward, two steps back !.
Are we heading down that same dark path that we travelled, when people were actively encouraged to move from petrol to derv ???.
Well, we ALL know how that ended, don’t we.
The fall in second hand prices will tempt buyers in...... Everything will find its level.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom