Citroen eC4 price drop - will MG follow?

neilp7865

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Citroen eC4 now has an entry level model for £28.5k

Am wondering (or rather hopeful) that MG reacts to the recent price drops across this and Vauxhall (also Stellantis) with a reduction to the 5/ZS.

I believe that the cost of any non-standard option fitted by the manufacturer or dealer which does not relate to the powertrain is excluded from the price of the car when calculating the PICG. For example the choice of colour is not included even if it costs extra.
So if that is right (maybe is maybe isn't, I'm sure others will confirm or not) MG could get round it by only selling the SE. Then have one option at a price with all the extra bits to take to Trophy spec and then call it the SE Trophy Edition.

🤷‍♂️

Same battery and motor as e208, e2008, corsa-e, mokka-e etc.....100 KW motor and 50 KWh (gross) battery.

That is the second brand of Stelantis group to drop prices, Peugeot next ????

Same battery and motor as e208, e2008, corsa-e, mokka-e etc.....100 KW motor and 50 KWh (gross) battery.

That is the second brand of Stelantis group to drop prices, Peugeot next ????
Surprised they’ve not launched a fully electric version of the 308/Astra (PHEV only) considering it must be on the same platform as the C4. Would be a strong competitor to the ID3 (and its awful interior).

I have a feeling they will wait now until they release a completely new EV model(s) for each brand rather than port over anymore ICE vehicles to EV.

Stop Press..... That's how much I know eh 😂. It is a while off yet though tbf

Autocar: New 2023 Peugeot e-308: EV hatchback to bring 250-mile range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom