Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
2023 mg5 warnings showing:
1 Collision detection unavailable
2 Emergency brake unavailable
3 ACC unavailable
Brought back to dealer Frank Keane Motors Dublin. They updated software and recalibrated. All well. Drive home. After 20km errors reappeared.
Back to dealer. Updated again and recalibrated. Errors reappeared after short drive. Car still in garage. Now dealer is doing extra diagnostics and sending results to MG distributor.
Results may need to be sent to China.
Is this a regular fault and has anyone got it resolved.

2023 mg5 warnings showing:
1 Collision detection unavailable
2 Emergency brake unavailable
3 ACC unavailable
Brought back to dealer Frank Keane Motors Dublin. They updated software and recalibrated. All well. Drive home. After 20km errors reappeared.
Back to dealer. Updated again and recalibrated. Errors reappeared after short drive. Car still in garage. Now dealer is doing extra diagnostics and sending results to MG distributor.
Results may need to be sent to China.
Is this a regular fault and has anyone got it resolved.
My 5 Trophy was purchased in December 2022 and I have had no problems at all 6000 miles on the clock. so not high mileage. I hope it's sorted out soon.

My prefacelift LR just done this one today, everything relying on forward facing radar failure. Have you had any response from MG ?

Same here on our FL MG5; they appear once in a while when starting the car but clear soon afterwards…
I find this happens after charging with Type 2 sometimes but clears straight away.

The other time I get it is going through a humid tunnel. Clears once back in the open.

Still in the garage. They've updated and recalibrated several times. Replaced forward radar box. Replaced bracket for front radar assembly. Currently looking for loose wiring connections or bent wires. Still no success in fully clearing the fault. It clears and then quickly recurs.

Having a closer look on mine, there is an indent I the chrome detail above the radar unit as if I've hit smtg ( don't remember hitting anything). The radar unit was skewd to one side, straightening it doesn't cleared the error.
Calling the garage today to see what availability they have !

Just got mine from MG Peterborough, they've done a module reset and the dash was a christmas tree ( similar ro battery terminal reset ). Driving a few hundred meters cleared everything and all systems back operating normally.
Used MG pilot on the way back home ( 25miles ) and worked as it should 🤞.
All in all pleased with the experience!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom