Custom Electric Tail Gate For MG4 2022-2023 Lift Auto Rear Door Control Tailgate Automatic Trunk Opener

ianbyerley

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi good people,

I am in Australia and have installed the above electric tailgate.

I have a problem in as much as sometimes it wont lift and sometimes it wont close.

It attempts to but the motor seems to keep turning and I have to push it down manually
or lift up manually to get it to close/open

Any thoughts please will be much appreciated....

Yes i have and he sent me trouble shooting link which I could not find a fault anywhere.
Just hoping somebody else has installed these and whether they have any problems as well.
I wonder if maybe posting in another forum might help... but which one?

ok update. the so called professional installer failed. he installed it his way and it was wrong.
he had the instructions to install it and it clearly said if the screws supplied are not used it will damage the poles and that is what happened. now he refuses to take ownership of the stuff up. what next. if any person have bought these struts in adelaide be wary and do not get sat&sound at st agnes to install them. now i have a faulty door i have to put up with. I wonder if the struts can be fixed. dare I try to fix them. no! I have initiated a complaint with consumer and business services and will have to wait and see what comes from that... and so it goes on....

Really do hope hope you get this sorted. Trouble is with these type of aftermarket kits, they really can be problematic. I'm not being funny when I say this, but was it really that hard to lift and close the tailgate yourself. Good luck. 🙂👍

actually yes it is, as i cant lift my arms above shoulder height and really bad arthritis in shoulders, elbow and thumbs
That's not good. I have rheumatoid arthritis so I know how frustrating not being able to do things is.

Is it worth asking the supplier if he can send you just the struts?

Hi good people,

I am in Australia and have installed the above electric tailgate.

I have a problem in as much as sometimes it wont lift and sometimes it wont close.

It attempts to but the motor seems to keep turning and I have to push it down manually
or lift up manually to get it to close/open

Any thoughts please will be much appreciated....
Hi ianbyerley

I too got myself such a kit, but unfortunately there was no installation manual supplied.
Any chance in getting a copy off yours? Can you get it to me in pdf or so?

Thanks in advance

Try this link, may help. It came with the kit I purchased from Aliexpress.
Only thing I'm not sure on is the yellow wire to the b-pillar shown on the wiring diagram.
I do have a few similar issues to those mentioned earlier that I'm struggling to resolve with the seller.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom