Dash cam recommendations

Bermudabob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,
I'd like to get a dash cam fitted, preferably front and rear. Does anyone have any particular models to consider or avoid? I'd like a half decent one that won't break the bank (professionally fitted too as I'm very clumsy when it comes to this type of thing).

Ta,
Rob

Look at the nextbase range, one for every budget. Have the old 512 model in mine, did the permanent wiring myself. If you don't feel comfortable diy, try Halfords but watch them doing it did the old car and just spliced into the cigarette light with no fuse.

Last edited:
Look at the nextbase range, one for every budget. Have the old 512 model in mine, did the permanent wiring myself. If you don't feel comfortable diy, try Halfords but watch them doing it did the old car and just spliced into the cigarette light with no fuse.
I wouldn’t trust Halfords to fit anything - IMHO of course.

If DIY, then where’s a good place to pick power up from, & should it be permanently live or “ignition” switched?

I wouldn’t trust Halfords to fit anything - IMHO of course.

If DIY, then where’s a good place to pick power up from, & should it be permanently live or “ignition” switched?
Use piggy back fuses in the fusebox that is the easiest method, my f770 uses both live and switched

I went for a Nextbase dashcam and hardwired it myself. Mike Procter‘s YouTube video explains the method. It took me literally 10 minutes to do.

Hi all,
I'd like to get a dash cam fitted, preferably front and rear. Does anyone have any particular models to consider or avoid? I'd like a half decent one that won't break the bank (professionally fitted too as I'm very clumsy when it comes to this type of thing).

Ta,
Rob
See the thread in general
Thread 'Why you should get a dashcam fitted in your MG (or any car)' Why you should get a dashcam fitted in your MG (or any car)

Hi,. I recently fitted this one which sits nicely in the centre directly under the mirror. I used the 12v socket as it wasn't going to be used otherwise instead of hardwiring.

Amazon product ASIN B07TWDKJFJ
I had a yi cam which was perfect in my previous car, in the MG it was far to the left to avoid the black screen transfer around the centre camera and mirror. So opted for a wedge type cam which is closer to the screen and not obscured. So far happy with the quality for the price.

I will post some footage and photos of the fitting if that helps.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom