Dealer sticker in back window.

salty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
When you get your New (or used) car, do you take the dealer sticker out of the back window at the 1st opportunity, or just leave it and doesn't bother you? Me personally i take it out, because I'm not advertised for free, but mostly, I think they look awful. Especially that God awful big yellow Arnold Clark sticker that you see, that would have to come off immediately. Don't mind the dealers name on the number plates though. Providing the bl00dy plates are straight. 😉 🙂

Off! and in quick order.

Never had one this time strangely enough (except on the plates which is fine) and I'm with you there m8, the plates had better have been fixed on straight!!!👍

On mine its on the lower bootlid , a small MG badge ( 30 mm ) in pale grey with the word Brive similarly sized , looks pretty classy and discreet.

You have to be super careful removing dealer stickers from the rear wind screen IF the sticker has come into contact with the fine elements of the HRW.
Remove the sticker at the first opportunity you get by heating the sticker with a hair drier and slowly peel the sticker while applying heat.
Do NOT use any type of scraper to help remove it !.
The fine copper lines are on the surface of the inside of the glass, if you damage the copper line, that section will be not work any more!

The view out of the rear window of the MG5 is somewhat restricted so having a sticker in the top middle did not last long.

Low down in the bottom left or right corner and it might have remained so it is the dealer stupidity that meant it was gone.

You have to be super careful removing dealer stickers from the rear wind screen IF the sticker has come into contact with the fine elements of the HRW.
Remove the sticker at the first opportunity you get by heating the sticker with a hair drier and slowly peel the sticker while applying heat.
Do NOT use any type of scraper too help remove it !.
The fine copper lines are on the surface of the inside of the glass, if you damage the copper line, that section will be not work any more!
Totally agree. S'pose I should've explained that. Just didn't think, anyone would be daft enough to attack it with a scraper. But good point. Or as Alb, says tell the dealer not to put a sticker on in the 1st place, which I've done in the past. 🙂👍

I think it was when I got my first car that I looked at the dealer's sticker and thought, why am I giving them free advertising? And took it off. I'd seen so many on other cars I'd vaguely thought you had to leave them. It was seeing my brand new pride and joy disfigured with one that made me stop and think about it.

I'm glad to say there was no sticker on my MG4 when I picked it up. You're not supposed to put stickers on the radio aerial! I have my "Radio 3 the home of music" sticker on the left-side rear window.

The dealer did have his name on the number plate so they got the advertising in anyway.

Last edited:
Totally agree. S'pose I should've explained that. Just didn't think, anyone would be daft enough to attack it with a scraper. But good point. Or as Alb, says tell the dealer not to put a sticker on in the 1st place, which I've done in the past. 🙂👍
TBH - I completely forgot to tell them on my last car and guess what !.
Yeah - There it was taking pride and place on the rear window on collection day.
When I checked it the following day, it was covering three elements of the HRW so I wanted off ASAP.
Plenty of heat applied with a hair dryer and slowly it started to come away from the glass.
By first lifting up at one edge of the sticker and then slowly moving along, bit by bit.
Even though it had only been fitted for a short space of time, man it was really stuck on there !.
I would not recommend trying to remove these stickers without applying any heat first and really taking your time.
Any type of scrapers is a big NO - NO.
The glue on these stickers is really strong and does NOT want to let go.
If the sticker had been on there for a good while, then I would just leave it alone.
Otherwise you do run the risk demanding the fine copper wire heat elements of the HRW.
Even a slightest scratch / break in the copper element, will render that complete element useless.
The copper elements are NOT layered inside of the glass screen, as you may possibly think.
They are applied / bonded to internal face of the rear windscreen glass.
This of course CAN make them vulnerable damage etc.
Avoid having anything come into contact with the inside of the rear glass screen, when shifting stuff from A to B.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sticker on mine either. I wonder if there's an instruction to the dealers, which some have ignored, from MG about not attaching anything inside the rear window because of the radio and heating elements?

On my previous cars I too would remove the dealers advertising stickers as well as the MOT reminder disc that appears annually at the top of the windscreen.

I don't think I've ever encountered one of these stickers that wasn't simply peelable, just plastic adhering to the glass by its natural stickability. Like my Radio 3 sticker. Never met one that was glued on.

Never met a sticker reminding me about an MOT either.

I follow the better option of telling the dealer not to put it there in the first place!
Which is what I did ... and they still fitted one. 🙄

Thankfully it was fitted externally (so not in contact with the HRW wires), so I simply removed it and handed it back to the sales guy when I collected my car. 😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom