Decision made to move away from the MG brand.

madmartyr71

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Bought a brand new HS Exclusive PHEV in September 2021 but even though I've not had any major issues...I do have doubts about the quality of the components used and whether they would last over time.

It's going to part exchanged in October/November for a Hyundai Tucson PHEV.

Thank's for your comment.

Please could you advise us all of the specifics of your "doubts about the quality of the components used and whether they would last over time."
Which components are you referring to?
What exactly are the "quality" issues that you refer to?
What are you qualifications to assert these issues?
This would be very important information for us.

I welcome your detailed feedback.

Hi, this is my first MG and I am totally delighted with it, I have previously bought NEW Merced’s GLC and NEW Range Rover Evoque and in my opinion as a consumer not an engineer the MG is the equal of both of them in terms of build quality, and is superior to them both in terms of ride comfort and driving experience.
Yes , sure it does have a few small foibles , but I read as many forum articles as I could before I purchased and was fully aware of them, I also read every article I could on how to drive a PHEV and adopt what I learned ie, ev mode better suited to urban use, hybrid use on faster roads, I select when to go into EV mode, I let the vehicle think about hybrid mode, I always start journeys with a full battery and aim to end with an empty one.
I have learned how to use all of the systems on board, sometimes by asking questions as the manual is not the best.
I really like the way you have to “drive” the vehicle rather than just push the accelerator, and the actual driving comfort and experience is brilliant, the more I drive it the more I love it.
At the moment I seriously think that my next vehicle will be an MG, and if the infrastructure improves possibly the MARVEL.
WELL DONE MG, but don’t sit back on your laurels as there will always be room for improvement whatever you come up with.
Jeff Golding

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom