Delayed MG5 LR Order

Niki94d

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,
I ordered an MG5 LR excite in October and was originally told it would arrive in January or February. I rang up today to check on progress and now being told it's going to be April!

I can't wait for it to arrive as I really want to move away from ICE cars. Is this date likely to move back again? 6 months from ordering seems like a long time (although it's my first time ordering a new car)

Thanks in advance

I ordered in September, which they allocated to a vehicle they had ordered in late August. Was told early December, then Jan, then Feb, then March. Most recent conversation implied MG has given them a solid delivery date of early March.. At this moment in time the daily diesel is held together Blue Peter fashion with sticky back plastic and washing up liquid bottles.

All any of us can do is wait (Im)patiently. There's a long wait list, not just for MGs but everything else on the market, threatening to pull your order etc just won't get you anywhere or anything faster.

Spending my 6 months researching/planning. With a 'solid' date on delivery I've got my home type2 box on order, some mudflaps from aliexpress slowly on their way.

It's hard to be excited about your new toy arriving when the date is so fluid. But it will eventually work out.

I ordered in September, which they allocated to a vehicle they had ordered in late August. Was told early December, then Jan, then Feb, then March. Most recent conversation implied MG has given them a solid delivery date of early March.. At this moment in time the daily diesel is held together Blue Peter fashion with sticky back plastic and washing up liquid bottles.

All any of us can do is wait (Im)patiently. There's a long wait list, not just for MGs but everything else on the market, threatening to pull your order etc just won't get you anywhere or anything faster.

Spending my 6 months researching/planning. With a 'solid' date on delivery I've got my home type2 box on order, some mudflaps from aliexpress slowly on their way.

It's hard to be excited about your new toy arriving when the date is so fluid. But it will eventually work out.
Thanks, I certainly don't plan on pulling or threatening to pull the order. I appreciate there's not much the dealer can do but was just wondering what other people's experiences were.

Really excited to get it and already have my charger (ohme home pro) installed. I've got matts picked out but hadn't thought about mud flaps. Something else I'll have to research :)

When I originally ordered my MG5 and was given a delivery time of over three months, I reflected on the five months that a previous new Skoda Yeti took to be delivered and that was only coming from mainland Europe, within the EU!
I then phoned up about the delivery times for other new EVs from other manufacturers. Times of between four and seven months. I got my MG5 in just over three months so consider myself lucky!
Good luck with all your orders and remember that patience is virtue!

When I originally ordered my MG5 and was given a delivery time of over three months, I reflected on the five months that a previous new Skoda Yeti took to be delivered and that was only coming from mainland Europe, within the EU!
I then phoned up about the delivery times for other new EVs from other manufacturers. Times of between four and seven months. I got my MG5 in just over three months so consider myself lucky!
Good luck with all your orders and remember that patience is virtue!
My friend has just ordered a new Mini countryman and is quoted April/May !!!
Were not the only impatient people out there - I've been quoted docking March 2nd by dealer for my 5 LR :-(

Hi All,
I ordered an MG5 LR excite in October and was originally told it would arrive in January or February. I rang up today to check on progress and now being told it's going to be April!

I can't wait for it to arrive as I really want to move away from ICE cars. Is this date likely to move back again? 6 months from ordering seems like a long time (although it's my first time ordering a new car)

Thanks in advance
If you can't wait Luscombe's of Leeds had some in stock to buy now. Might have gone now though.

I am in the same boat (perhaps literally). I ordered in mid November and was initially told to expect delivery in early March. This has since slipped to mid April. Fortunately the return to home working means I'm not commuting right now anyway.

I am in the same boat (perhaps literally). I ordered in mid November and was initially told to expect delivery in early March. This has since slipped to mid April. Fortunately the return to home working means I'm not commuting right now anyway.
Me too but still want the new car to play with 😃

If it's the same boat they mine's on, it did initially slip from march1st to march 22nd, but when I went to complete the finance arrangement it had moved back to February 28th, so, it's fluid! Don't lose heart!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom