Demand for EVs forecast to plummet

This 2 part documentary is worth a look, but it might raise your blood pressure. :)

I was seething at the end. What a bunch of knob heads we've got running the country. They promise us the Earth (it's charred surface anyway), and then completely ignore or reverse the promises they've made.

Sorry, blood pressure returning to normal now.

Even at 30p per kWh its still cheaper to run an EV than an ICE in terms of cost per mile.

4 miles per kWh average @ 30p per kWh = 7.5p per mile
12 miles per litre average @ £1.63 per litre = 13.5p per mile

I tell everyone I know that running an EV is just cheaper, even at today's day rate prices.
Add in the cheaper overnight tariffs and you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
I couldn't afford to go back to ICE due to high running cost, time wasted finding petrol or wasted time for maintenance.
And, although it doesn't seem much, each vehicle that isn't pumping out CO2 and noxious gases, is one less adding to the climate disaster on the horizon. :)

And, although it doesn't seem much, each vehicle that isn't pumping out CO2 and noxious gases, is one less adding to the climate disaster on the horizon. :)
Importantly it is one less vehicle pumping out CO2 and noxious gases in our inner cities, blighting the lives of those who live and work there. The effects causing shortened lives to the population, and enormous cost and human misery to our health services.

I have moved from running cars on LPG to full electric - had a few MGR vehicles as it didn’t really injure them - looking at around 70p/L and burns somewhat cleaner. They scuppered that one back in the 2000s here in the uk yet it is alive and well in other parts of the world - I honestly believe that one was due to the inability to tax it as there is no difference between that and heating fuel, you can’t dip the tank as it were. If they were serious about emissions that would have been pushed as a transition fuel years ago.

The delay is probably as they are realising our infrastructure isn’t fantastic without lots of cash - big gas turbines backing up wind huuum let alone the distribution end (I don’t think the little transformer feeding my village would handle many of us charging together let alone all the looped supplies).

The French on the other hand all those spare nuclear electrons sloshing around pretty predictably (last years hiccups aside) logically seem better placed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom