Did you go to Aldi this week? Is this a MG ZS?

Looks to me like the classic EV accident. Driver thinks they’re in reverse, starts moving forwards, panics, tries to stand on the brake, gets the throttle by mistake and the instant torque does the rest.

See also:

From the tail lights looks like a Volvo xc something.
Volvos are very safe. That’s the only reason why no serious injuries.

I see where you’re coming from but I think it’s definitely a ZS EV.

A4E63E4F-C17D-41C1-8344-D1ADCB389B73.png

In the middle screenshot the tail lights do look like a Volvo-style L/J shape, but I think it’s an illusion caused by glare on the plate of glass that the car has just driven through.

Volvo XC90 has different-shaped rear quarter windows that don’t rise to a point like on the MG.

(edit: I had only looked at the XC90 and it isn’t one of those. I agree it looks like it’s an XC40 and I stand humbly corrected!)

Last edited:
Not convinced by shape of gaps in alloys or the lack of roof aerial or the shape of the last side-rear glass panel

I am not sure that it is a ZS EV either ?.
The tail lights don't look correct to me and the the shape of small window in the rear quarter window does look right somehow ?.
The front shot of the car after it reverses out of the store, the head lights don't look the same as the ZS EV to me either ?.

I would say 1080p is about the minimum resolution you’d want for a decent dash cam.

I am hesitating to recommend next base. I have 2 dash cams which I purchased directly from them at a combined price of £500 so not cheap ones. Whilst the image quality is really good on them I have had nothing but problems. They both keep crashing all the time with no warnings. If I notice them then I have to pull over and reset them but often I have driven with a crashed dash cam and. I footage so defeats the objective. Thinking it could be up to the micro sd cards I have tried different brands. I shoot a lot of 4K footage so I have even used fast cards with no effect. You might have better luck with the other models but I cannot recommend them.
I am now using some cheap Chinese ones off Amazon. Have had no problems. What they lack in image equality they make up in reliability.

Nextbase are made in Chine I believe. They seem to have developed good advertising and many websites recommend Nextbase cameras. I too have used cheaper cameras over the Years with good results. Once you loose confidence in your dashcam you may as well change it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom