Do people use ABRP to navigate as well as plan?

I use ABRP to:

• Plan my route only. I use another app to navigate.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Plan and navigate my route.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don’t use it at all.

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey I currently like and use Apple Maps to navigate my route.

I am wondering if it is worth paying the upgrade subscription to allow A Better RoutePlanner (ABRP) to work via Apple car play for navigation.

Curious to hear how other people are using it?

I am curious how well it handles live traffic updates and avoids jams.

Last edited:
I find it easier to plan my stops around a 2 hour drive time. This is around 120miles and I'm ready for a break anyway.

Then google maps set to my first charge point. Charge and then set the next destination. I also take a note of alternatives in case of charger congestion. Hopefully google maps will get the update being talked about to show nearest chargers and status as you travel.

I've never been impressed with the car manufacturer's own sat nav. The one in the VW Polo cost a fortune to keep updated which is why Android Auto and Google maps became my go to.

Is it possible to use Waze and have is showing on the big screen?

I have been happy with car sat nav so far not let me down.

Is it possible to use Waze and have is showing on the big screen?

I have been happy with car sat nav so far not let me down.
Waze works via Android Auto onto the big screen, probably with Carplay as well, but I'm not affluent enough for Appley things to confirm that. :)
Waze and Google maps are far far far superior to the car satnav for up to date traffic info and re-routing when delays ahead.

I find chargers via Zapmap or Wattsup along route and then use google maps or Waze for route planning.

You get to know your car and how you drive and know when you will want to charge, for me it's around 120-180 miles depending on the journey and how much SOC I want to arrive with, so that's where I look for chargers when planning. Wattsup is particularly good for a list of chargers at the distance range you are aiming at.

Is it called Wattsup Gomev? Only I'd like to give it a go but I can't find that in the Play store.

Looking at the results so far no one uses it navigate their trip. I think based of this I will do what most seem to do is just use it to help plan :) and save the upgrade fee for now.

Is it called Wattsup Gomev? Only I'd like to give it a go but I can't find that in the Play store.
@smokie

Clearly, I am not @Gomev but the app's web page is here and includes a link to the Play Store for download.

HTH
You are absolutely correct @smokie how odd.
However using @emmrecs link scroll to the bottom and click on the link to Google Play. When that page opens click on the install button (it may have different wording). If you are signed in to Google it will recognise your phone and install it.

You are absolutely correct @smokie how odd.
However using @emmrecs link scroll to the bottom and click on the link to Google Play. When that page opens click on the install button (it may have different wording). If you are signed in to Google it will recognise your phone and install it.
I have installed wattsup on my Iphone (from play store, looks interesting). It comes up fine in car play, although was not immediatley in list.

I have installed wattsup on my Iphone (from play store, looks interesting). It comes up fine in car play, although was not immediatley in list.
I like it because it always shows you nearby chargers as you drive as well.

Thanks, yes, got it from the other link. I can see a use for it but I don't public charge much and ZapMap is likely to remain my go to app.

Thanks, yes, got it from the other link. I can see a use for it but I don't public charge much and ZapMap is likely to remain my go to app.
Same here only public charge on long journeys and away from home, obviously. :)
What I find useful is to put your journey into WattsUp and once it gives you the route then select the 'overview' button. This shows all the chargers (and who operates them) on the route and nearby the route and their distance from your starting point. You can scroll down and for example see that at around say 140 miles there are loads of chargers. At this point go to Zapmap and locate that area, and plan a stop along with plan B and C with others nearby.
As I said elsewhere you get to know your car and roughly when you will need or want to stop so this allows you to pinpoint an area to target very quickly. A case of using all the tools in the bag.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom