Does your car stay wet overnight!

Kompins

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
It rained heavily
last night and our car was covered in water droplets and rivulets this morning. By 10 o'clock all the other cars nearby were more or less dry but no change with the 5. I polished the car with quality Autoglym in September and this really does cause water to bead up so that might explain the bodywork, but the windows are the same. Is this an EV thing? I've done a bit of research and there is evidence that perpendicular magnetic fields can cause water to evaporate more rapidly so that doesn't help. Anyone else noticed this?

Hi
I have noticed this too
My Ford Cmax that I passed onto the wife when I got my mg5 drys off and mine is still wet
They both are polished with Maguires carnuba wax at the same time. Last done end of October
I try to get a coat of polish on my cars at least once a month during the less wetter months😂 ready for the winter
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

It rained heavily
last night and our car was covered in water droplets and rivulets this morning. By 10 o'clock all the other cars nearby were more or less dry but no change with the 5. I polished the car with quality Autoglym in September and this really does cause water to bead up so that might explain the bodywork, but the windows are the same. Is this an EV thing? I've done a bit of research and there is evidence that perpendicular magnetic fields can cause water to evaporate more rapidly so that doesn't help. Anyone else noticed this?
The lady next door has a red ICE and the chap on the other side a white ICE. I had noticed as well as you, that condensation appears to congregate and last longer on my silver MG5 than on their cars so perhaps there is a fair amount of truth in what you have discovered and read upon.

Hi
I have noticed this too
My Ford Cmax that I passed onto the wife when I got my mg5 drys off and mine is still wet
They both are polished with Maguires carnuba wax at the same time. Last done end of October
I try to get a coat of polish on my cars at least once a month during the less wetter months😂 ready for the winter
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Our Skoda Fabia we passed on to daughter parked alongside the 5, virtually dry whilst the 5 running in water!

The lady next door has a red ICE and the chap on the other side a white ICE. I had noticed as well as you, that condensation appears to congregate and last longer on my silver MG5 than on their cars so perhaps there is a fair amount of truth in what you have discovered and read upon.So I'm not

Me too. My car lives outside in my driveway. Noticed everyday day that my car is soaking and takes longer to dry off. My last car an ICE which I dried off every morning for five years had about half of the amount of water I am taking off the Mg5EV. I could always removed most of the water using two micro fibre towels one to take most of water off and the other to finish. My last car had slightly more surface area than the MG5. I now use 4 of the same auto Glym micro cloths and frankly the end result is not as dry as my last car. Same polish and timespans used on both. So yes I agree more condensation. My windows look white on the outside most days rather than beads of water and take a lot more time to dry off than my last car. Another observation is that the final drying when driving also seems to be suppressed and slower to dry completely. I cold speed this up on my last car by removing water with my window straight edge first, but you always run the risk of scratches so I haven’t used so far on the Mg5.

I experience this phenomena but it only happens because I use a good quality wax.

Just thought these two pictures say it all. First is my car, second are two cars parked less than 5 metres from mine.

Attachments

• 8E1D8228-D2D1-41DE-8D54-F36C01ECAE8E.jpeg
    8E1D8228-D2D1-41DE-8D54-F36C01ECAE8E.jpeg
    582 KB · Views: 131
  • 085C1EE7-A212-40C6-9082-F9F050CB47AA.jpeg
    085C1EE7-A212-40C6-9082-F9F050CB47AA.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 122
Another thing compared to an ICE vehicle after a snow fall it also affects of the aero of the car even more as the snow doesn't melt on the bonnet as there isn't the engine heat.

Same with me. I also find lots of condensation on my sunroof which starts dripping if not wiped on the inside.

Another thing compared to an ICE vehicle after a snow fall it also affects of the aero of the car even more as the snow doesn't melt on the bonnet as there isn't the engine heat.
You're supposed to brush it off before you set off. :LOL:
Snow Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom