Drive Leicester - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Had a test drive in a Trophy on Feb 12th and ordered one in 'Battersea Blue' afterwards as we were impressed with how quiet it was compared to a Nissan Leaf, standard fit panoramic roof made the interior much lighter too. Sales Manager Neil was very helpful and answered any queries we had, before being passed to Saj to do the paperwork, delivery June(ish) hopefully. A warning for the shy, the dealership has an unusual 'celebration' on ordering a car, you are given a handbell and are expected to ring it enthusiastically after signing, made me feel like the 'Town Crier', but then again, I'm ok with this kind of thing. In all, a pleasant buying experience, hopefully backed up by aftersales reality in due course.
Keith.

Bought my 1st car from Drive MG Leicester last week.
Didn’t get the bell rung, although it was on the desk in front of me!
My experience ….Difficult to contact anyone there, the business cards have 2 numbers on them, but you cannot ring directly, you have to go through a national switchboard, and in most cases wait for them to call you back.
So far, aftersales seem less than ideal, hope this improves.

Bought my 1st car from Drive MG Leicester last week.
Didn’t get the bell rung, although it was on the desk in front of me!
My experience ….Difficult to contact anyone there, the business cards have 2 numbers on them, but you cannot ring directly, you have to go through a national switchboard, and in most cases wait for them to call you back.
So far, aftersales seem less than ideal, hope this improves.
I'm not surprised to hear this. With non-EV sales enquiries in the past I'm afraid I haven't been too impressed with Drive Leicester, so went elsewhere for my MG5 LR.

A warning for the shy, the dealership has an unusual 'celebration' on ordering a car, you are given a handbell and are expected to ring it enthusiastically after signing, made me feel like the Town Crier...
So the idea is that you spend your hard-earned cash there (paying their wages for them), and in return they don't provide what you've bought until you participate in some infantile management away day bullshit, is it?

Money well spent...

I'm not surprised to hear this. With non-EV sales enquiries in the past I'm afraid I haven't been too impressed with Drive Leicester, so went elsewhere for my MG5 LR.
When I re-visited the Leicester dealer more recently (with my oil leak) I got a much better result Eventually. Obviously they didn’t fix it, but they did explain the new breather mod that is expected to arrive November week 2. I was already aware of this from this very helpful site of course. I guess it just depends who your dealing with, and I finally got a good one. Just waiting for the new bits now. And about the car…. We’ll, that more than meets my expectations, even with the fatigue thingy ( silenced).
Makes my old Audi seem like something from the stone age!

Hi

Ordered a mg4 in December
payed a deposit of 500
was hoping to pick up on the 3rd march but they have lost my finance deal . So if i want the car now i have to do a new finance deal witch will cost me 2500 more for the car not happy .

Hi

Ordered a mg4 in December
payed a deposit of 500
was hoping to pick up on the 3rd march but they have lost my finance deal . So if i want the car now i have to do a new finance deal witch will cost me 2500 more for the car not happy .
Very sorry to hear this.

Found the car I wanted at MG L and while comms were not that great beforehand they had the car ready a week later. Great handover by Saj who rattled through the menus as I would have wanted but gave enough info for bits I wanted clarified. Would buy again from them.

Bought a second-hand MG4 Trophy here. I called the national number, got put through to the sales team here, and reeled off my list of required specs.
The chap I dealt with, Lawrie Dhir, found a second-hand within 30 seconds, so we arranged to go and have a look.
Prior to our arrival, a couple of days later, he gave me a call to explain that the photos had been wrong and it didn't match our specs, but he had found another in one of their southeast branches that he thought would be a match. We had a look at the photos, had some reassurances from him, and put down a deposit.
Lawrie gave me plenty of calls while we were waiting for it to be delivered to let me know how it was getting on, when it arrived, and a couple of very (really, very!) tiny imperfections that he found on it's arrival. He was also very responsive when I called him with a couple of requests.
Upon collection, the car was beautifully valeted, and completely charged and ready for us.
We had a really good experience buying here with Lawrie. We have used this dealership before (they also do Vauxhalls), so we have prior experience, and an account with them. I don't believe that made any difference to them.
They were excellent, all round. Not overly pushy, didn't come out with the usual 'I must talk to my manager' rubbish, just a nice, straight-forward experience. We would absolutely buy from them again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom