Drivers seat frame

austin

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
The welds snapped seat and base came lose from seat frame three front welds 2 came lose from seat frame leaving no evidence on main frame of ever been properly attached also pleather seat cover cracked at 30 000 km and drivers heated seat stopped working at 61 000 km MG dealer has said because it is a taxi the car warranty ran out at 72 000 km and also the battery warranty will run out at 100 000 km

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at what was written on the sale contract/receipt you got when they handed over the vehicle to you and see what that says.

I'm a Dublin taxi driver (MG5 LR) and mine says: "Taxi warranty: 3 yrs or 100,000 km". Which is not very descriptive but sounds in line with what you were told. Other MG taxi drivers in Dublin claim they have the full warranty but I'd love to see what their contract says...

The cracked seat cover (30,000 km) and heated seat (61,000 km) broke before the 72,000 km mark so should be covered, if my maths are correct? Did you tell them at the time?

You could also try going above their heads to MG Ireland about the broken seat. That sounds more like a factory/QC defect than 'wear and tear' to me?

Good luck with it!

Take a look at what was written on the sale contract/receipt you got when they handed over the vehicle to you and see what that says.

I'm a Dublin taxi driver (MG5 LR) and mine says: "Taxi warranty: 3 yrs or 100,000 km". Which is not very descriptive but sounds in line with what you were told. Other MG taxi drivers in Dublin claim they have the full warranty but I'd love to see what their contract says...

The cracked seat cover (30,000 km) and heated seat (61,000 km) broke before the 72,000 km mark so should be covered, if my maths are correct? Did you tell them at the time?

You could also try going above their heads to MG Ireland about the broken seat. That sounds more like a factory/QC defect than 'wear and tear' to me?

Good luck with it!
Only told this yesterday after a service not giving up yet when I bought it I was told full warranty but a week later 3 years or 150000km but mg ireland website says 100000km or 3years ware and tare parts like shocks bushes and ball joints 72000km seatcovers 24000km but no mention of seat frames which like you said is more of a quality defect

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom