Driving In The Floods

KT23

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Last week I had to drive during the heavy flooding, due to hospital trips, and so I was driving through flooded roads approximately 30 cm (1 foot) deep in water. No major problems and most other drivers were being sensible in their speed through the water.

When I washed the car at the weekend, I noticed a piece of foam sticking out from the front passenger door, where my finger is pointing in the first picture!
20240108_093516.jpg
20240108_093527.jpg

20240108_093553.jpg

It pushed back easily, but was absolutely sodden. When I put my hand into the gap, as shown in the other pictures, it appears there is some foam (I presume for sound insulation) that gets soaked and I was able to squeeze out quite a bit of water from it. A few days later and it is better, but still damp.

Just thought I'd let other drivers know - obviously only an issue in floods!!

Good thought, but I do not think there is any way the moisture could 'wick' into the cabin from there ... but happy to be proved wrong. I have started to use a couple of the dehumidifier bags on the dashboard and they do seem to make quite a difference, in addition to some of the settings for air con as discussed in other threads.

interestingly, my own ZS has no problem with misting. However, the loan ZS I am driving at the moment is really bad. I'm going to have a mooch around the car to see if I can find any ingress of water.

interestingly, my own ZS has no problem with misting. However, the loan ZS I am driving at the moment is really bad. I'm going to have a mooch around the car to see if I can find any ingress of water.
Have you set the loan car with the same environmental controls as your own is normally set?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom