E.on Next Flex Drive

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
E.on have just introduced their tariff for EVs. The cheap night rate is from midnight to 7am

Day rate 46.65p per kWh
Night rate 10.99p per kWh
Standing charge 50.40p per day

E.on have just introduced their tariff for EVs. The cheap night rate is from midnight to 7am

Day rate 46.65p per kWh
Night rate 10.99p per kWh
Standing charge 50.40p per day
7 hours worth of off peak at 11p is not to bad on current prices.
The date rate is a bit spiteful ( as you would expect ) of course, but if your electricity usage is high, then some load switching into that 7 hours could work out as an advantage to some folks I guess.
Is it a fix, over how long ?.

7 hours worth of off peak at 11p is not to bad on current prices.
The date rate is a bit spiteful ( as you would expect ) of course, but if your electricity usage is high, then some load switching into that 7 hours could work out as an advantage to some folks I guess.
Is it a fix, over how long ?.
It's not fixed. You have to have a smart meter, the rates are variable but there are no exit fees.

I don't have solar and using the figures before I bought my MG4 it works out only a few pounds more a year than their standard rates so it suits me for the time being.

It's not fixed. You have to have a smart meter, the rates are variable but there are no exit fees.

I don't have solar and using the figures before I bought my MG4 it works out only a few pounds more a year than their standard rates so it suits me for the time being.
I would try and load shift as much as you can into that cheaper rate of 7 hours to try and recoup the benefit.

I would try and load shift as much as you can into that cheaper rate of 7 hours to try and recoup the benefit.
I do. Shower, washing machine and bread machine are all used on the cheap rate. Once the market has stabilised I'll look into getting a home battery to charge up on the cheap rate too.

Sounds like a good plan.

How do you cope with switching on the EV charge at midnight? Does the charge point have internet to switch on, or do you stay up to do that?

Mj

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan.

How do you cope with switching on the EV charge at midnight? Does the charge point have internet to switch on, or do you stay up tp do that?

Mj
I have set the charging times on the app for my Zappi charger so I just plug the car in, check the settings on the app and leave it to get on with it.

I have set the charging times on the app for my Zappi charger so I just plug the car in, check the settings on the app and leave it to get on with it.
Yes, I do the same - a tip is to check that the Zappi app is saying "Waiting for Surplus" as that will mean the schedule is waiting to kick in. If the Zappi isn't happy it will say something else. Needs to be on ECO+ mode for the schedule to work.

Good that this is happening. Others may respond with an increased cheap rate window. For those with house batteries, the peak rate is largely not something to sorry about top much.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom