Electric Juice Card

Prof1967

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Used my Electtic Juice Card from Octopus for the first time at the weekend.

Used an Osprdy Charger. Card accepted and 3 days later received a bill from Octopus confirming £3.55 had been taken off my account balance.

I've ordered one of those though I didn't read up on it yet to see what the real benefit to me is. Still got a few more weeks wait for the car in which to do that :)

Benefit as I see it are that you don't have to pay a pre authorisation fee and if you have a healthy credit on your electricity account the cost of the charge is deducted from there.

Also I should be able to use it to charge in France.

I initially tried to use a Newmotion post charger at an Aldi. It wasn't shown on the Electric Juice app but Newmotion are supposed to be covered.

Waved the card and the light on the post went to green which means charging but the car stayed on connected not charging. Put it down to an issue with the charge point. I plan to try another Newmotion if/when I find one.

Benefit as I see it are that you don't have to pay a pre authorisation fee and if you have a healthy credit on your electricity account the cost of the charge is deducted from there.

I initially tried to use a Newmotion post charger at an Aldi. It wasn't shown on the Electric Juice app but Newmotion are supposed to be covered.

Waved the card and the light on the post went to green which means charging but the car stayed on connected not charging. Put it down to an issue with the charge point. I plan to try another Newmotion if/when I find one.
FYI, Newmotion are covered by Shell as well

The charger at our local aldi is free ( newmotion)

The Aldi I tried was in Pinhoe Exeter.

No written instructions just images indicating you should use a card to start charge.

Light went to green but car didn't start charging.

Went into Aldi to do a bit of shopping. 20 minutes later still not charging.

Next time I'm in the area I will see if just plugging in starts a charge.

The Aldi I tried was in Pinhoe Exeter.

No written instructions just images indicating you should use a card to start charge.

Light went to green but car didn't start charging.

Went into Aldi to do a bit of shopping. 20 minutes later still not charging.

Next time I'm in the area I will see if just plugging in starts a charge.
I did the same as you. But then I looked in the car and it said charging.

My app has just done an update now shows a lot more charge points but not all can use the Electric Juice card ie Instavolt so bother having them showing on the map?

So yet another set of walled gardens. Why oh why can't charging an EV be as simple as fuelling an ICE car? Right now it simply is not and that's probably the biggest turnoffs for anyone contemplating an EV.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom