"Electric Miles" app

LordSiborg

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
Does anyone use the Electric Miles app to manage their home charger? I've just had my Project EV replaced and the engineer said the Electric Miles app is better than their own (that's not hard).
But when I set a scheduled charge, next time I go into the app I can't see the charge scheduled. I'm going to leave it tonight to see if it charges.
The other thing I couldn't find is where to tell it to do that every day rather than a one off.
Simon

Hi all
Does anyone use the Electric Miles app to manage their home charger? I've just had my Project EV replaced and the engineer said the Electric Miles app is better than their own (that's not hard).
But when I set a scheduled charge, next time I go into the app I can't see the charge scheduled. I'm going to leave it tonight to see if it charges.
The other thing I couldn't find is where to tell it to do that every day rather than a one off.
Simon
I was persuaded to switch to the Electric Miles app with my Project EV quite some time ago - and found it a relative disaster and had to switch back. Since then the Project EV app has been automatically upgraded and I find it just fine. Easy to switch on remotely, easy to schedule a charge. Works for me.

Last edited:
Hi Harry will yours schedule charges at 12.30am? That was the problem with mine, support pushed a firmware upgrade to it and it never worked again... Hence the replacement today.
Simon.

Hi Harry will yours schedule charges at 12.30am? That was the problem with mine, support pushed a firmware upgrade to it and it never worked again... Hence the replacement today.
Simon.
Yes - in fact mine is currently set to start charging my wife's e-Up! for 3 hours starting at exactly that time. That is the time I start when charging overnight - the app lets me choose the length of time and the start time. It also lets me give it the cost per kWh and then reports the cost of the charge.

That's all I want it to do! But mine would start happily at 1am, just not 12.30am. I've got a couple of weeks till my tariff change kicks in so I'll have a play. If I can't get on with this app I'll change the URL back in the charger and go back to their app, see if this slightly newer charger behaves better :D
Thanks.
Simon

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom