Electroverse and Ionity

GaryMG4

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Today, in my quest to try as many different charger/RF card/app types I called in at Peterborough A1(M) to try an Ionity. My Electroverse card wasn't recognised, its not contactless but the Ionity app worked fine and I paid via ApplePay. Anyone else had issues with Electroverse? I was pleased to see the charge rate ramp up quickly to 140.1 kw and stay there from 40-55% and was still showing 125 kw when I stopped at 60%, at 75p/kwh that was quite enough for test.

Today, in my quest to try as many different charger/RF card/app types I called in at Peterborough A1(M) to try an Ionity. My Electroverse card wasn't recognised, its not contactless but the Ionity app worked fine and I paid via ApplePay. Anyone else had issues with Electroverse? I was pleased to see the charge rate ramp up quickly to 140.1 kw and stay there from 40-55% and was still showing 125 kw when I stopped at 60%, at 75p/kwh that was quite enough for test.
I have not had a problem with the ElectroVerse card so far. But not tried those chargers.

I used Electroverse RFID card today at a Geniepoint. There was an option for App but like you I wanted to test the RFID (specially as we are going to Brittany soon so expect some mobile patchiness). It worked fine for me 👍

Did you try the Electroverse app or the Ionity app as your post implies you used the Ionity one ?
Using the Electroverse app they are only 63p/kWh as an Octopus customer :(

Last edited:
Did you try the Electroverse app or the Ionity app as your post implies you used the Ionity one ?
Using the Electroverse app they are only 63p/kWh as an Octopus customer :(
I used the ionity app as I was at their charger. Im currently trying to become an Octopus customer although not much success at present.

I used the ionity app as I was at their charger. Im currently trying to become an Octopus customer although not much success at present.
The Electroverse app works as well for Ionity or any of the others if you cannot use the RFID card.
Re Octopus always ring them to become a customer don't bother with the website requests.

Last edited:
Ionity definitely works with other RFID, eg Shell NewMotion cards.

Yes they specifically mention Ionity is their charging structure and have a roaming deal with them.

Oh, that's good to know, because a couple of the chargers I have picked out for my upcoming road trip are Ionity.

Gridserve just work, no fuss, on ordinary bank cards. It's a shame so many of them are only 50Kw.

You don't need to be an Octopus customer to get an Electroverse card/account. But I think only customers get the discounted rates, which can be substantial on some chargers - I found one where the charger was priced at 65p and the Electroverse rate was 36p! And it was mid afternoon not the early hours.

I have used my Electroverse RFID card on an Ionity charger. Only the once, but most of my charging is at home.

I've just ordered a Shell Recharge card. Is that likely to work?
I have a Shell Recharge card, in fact the first charging card I ever had and only used it the once. As Shell recharge chargers are covered by Electroverse anyway I have long abandoned Shell.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom