Emergency Services

MickH

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All. Some years ago I used to work on LPG and later I became an EV Tech for a fleet management company here in Cambridgeshire. I can't remember the circumstances, but I had a conversation with the local fire-chief regarding the issues they face when dealing with alternative fuelled vehicles and I was told that one of the biggest problems for them was the lack of information particularly when it came to the need to isolate a vehicle following an accident, which would allow them to do their work. Since then when driving an alternatively fuelled car, I have always tried to carry the appropriate information with me in the glove box. So I wondered if any one else had views on this.

Secondly, I have seen that if you go into the MG website then look in the owners tab (MG Owners Area), there is an emergency services document available for download - which is of course better than nothing - but I wondered if anyone was able to give a publication/part number for this so I could order one. I have tried my local MG dealer, but I've had no response so wondered if anyone on the forum had any ideas?

I had a card with my ZS containing emergency details which I keep in the car. From memory it includes things like airbag locations, isolation points and so on... Not a lot of use in the case of a vehicle fire, though.

I had a card with my ZS containing emergency details which I keep in the car. From memory it includes things like airbag locations, isolation points and so on... Not a lot of use in the case of a vehicle fire, though.
Yes, the emergency card is included in the MG5 pack, but as you say, it gives no information regarding how to treat the HV side of things. However, the booklet I referred to is quite thorough on that front.

MY HS PHEV has one with the User Manual. Copy attached for info. Again, in the event of an emergency I think I would be getting out of the car rather than looking for the card.

Attachments

• MG HS PHEV Emergency Response Card.pdf
    358 KB · Views: 206
Added as a jpeg as well

Attachments

• MG HS PHEVE ERC.JPG
    MG HS PHEVE ERC.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 192
MY HS PHEV has one with the User Manual. Copy attached for info. Again, in the event of an emergency I think I would be getting out of the car rather than looking for the card.
Yes, that’s my point. If you’re trapped the fire service can’t start working until the car is safe so I would want to have all the information available at the scene.

It does say at the bottom of the card

"In case of emergency, please hand this card to the rescue workers! "
Yes agreed. The problem is that it doesn’t cover the disconnection of the HV system unlike the aforementioned booklet. I guess if I can’t obtain the booklet through the MG parts network, I’ll have to print it via the website. As I say not ideal but better than nothing.

I'd have thought that something you can scan in 10 seconds would be more appropriate in an emergency.

Hi All. Some years ago I used to work on LPG and later I became an EV Tech for a fleet management company here in Cambridgeshire. I can't remember the circumstances, but I had a conversation with the local fire-chief regarding the issues they face when dealing with alternative fuelled vehicles and I was told that one of the biggest problems for them was the lack of information particularly when it came to the need to isolate a vehicle following an accident, which would allow them to do their work. Since then when driving an alternatively fuelled car, I have always tried to carry the appropriate information with me in the glove box. So I wondered if any one else had views on this.

Secondly, I have seen that if you go into the MG website then look in the owners tab (MG Owners Area), there is an emergency services document available for download - which is of course better than nothing - but I wondered if anyone was able to give a publication/part number for this so I could order one. I have tried my local MG dealer, but I've had no response so wondered if anyone on the forum had any ideas?
Hi MickH
I read your post with interest and hope I’m not telling you something here which you might already know about, but then again might not.
I didn’t and I’m quite sure other members might not as well so goes.

I two received a card with my MG5 which is the first one of the two I have copied from the MG website This is just a card that came with the hand book.it can also be download from the website it is called the

MG5 EV EMERGENCY RESPONSE CARD​

But also on the website there is a second download see below

MG5 EV RESCUE MANUAL​

This is more of a short manual not just a card which and gives far more detail about isolating the HV pack in an EMERGENCY​

I think this might be what you are looking too obtain and this too can be down loaded from the website
I would say that’s the best the way to get this as I know of no part number or anything like that, but as they MG have listed this download On their website I would think that’s the best way to go about getting this information and do the download for it, I hope this is off some help to you
I also had never noticed this 2nd download before so I also will be downloading it so thanks for rising the topic as I said interesting point
Les

MG5 EV Emergency Response Card

MG5 EV EMERGENCY RESPONSE CARD​

This

MG5 EV Rescue Manual

MG5 EV RESCUE MANUAL​

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom