Entire system was blocked.

JanBoot

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello
Yesterday I had a problem with my MG EHS.
I had parked the car and turned it off, because I forgot to close the sunroof I turned it back on.
When the roof was closed I wanted to turn off the car but that was not possible. the display indicated all possible alarms. It was also not possible to lock or turn off the car from the outside, and driving forwards and backwards was also no longer possible. The only thing that still worked was the handbrake. the entire system was blocked.
I decided to do a hard reset by disconnecting the 12v battery and reconnecting after a minute.
The reset allowed me to shut the car off again and after a few minutes all systems were functioning again and I was able to drive the car again. The car has recently had all the updates related to the recall.
Is this problem more common?

That's a bit worrying, probably did too many operations too quickly and it basically crashed. I was driving along today steady 70 on the motorway using android auto as there is still no DAB fix and the sound went like a stuck record for about 2mins then the whole infotainment unit rebooted all by itself, and did to its credit connect back up to where it was before the crash. That took around 5 mins fortunately I was at a point of my journey where I knew where I was going and didn't need the sat nav.
The infotainment system is one of the worst I have experienced in any car really spoils an otherwise excellent vehicle.

@JanBoot I had a similar issue & hard reset; I concluded that it's best not to operate any function until it gives the 'system ready' message.

And also concluded it's well worth carrying a 10 mm spanner in any EV.

Hello
Yesterday I had a problem with my MG EHS.
I had parked the car and turned it off, because I forgot to close the sunroof I turned it back on.
When the roof was closed I wanted to turn off the car but that was not possible. the display indicated all possible alarms. It was also not possible to lock or turn off the car from the outside, and driving forwards and backwards was also no longer possible. The only thing that still worked was the handbrake. the entire system was blocked.
I decided to do a hard reset by disconnecting the 12v battery and reconnecting after a minute.
The reset allowed me to shut the car off again and after a few minutes all systems were functioning again and I was able to drive the car again. The car has recently had all the updates related to the recall.
Is this problem more common?
If you have turned off the car but left something like this open you do not need to turn on the car just press and hold the locking on the key fob and any thing open will start to close.

That's a bit worrying, probably did too many operations too quickly and it basically crashed. I was driving along today steady 70 on the motorway using android auto as there is still no DAB fix and the sound went like a stuck record for about 2mins then the whole infotainment unit rebooted all by itself, and did to its credit connect back up to where it was before the crash. That took around 5 mins fortunately I was at a point of my journey where I knew where I was going and didn't need the sat nav.
The infotainment system is one of the worst I have experienced in any car really spoils an otherwise excellent vehicle.
Not drive an iD3 then?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom