EV Home Chargers via Halfords/Boxt - Anyone used this?

Prices seem high and it looks like there is no install dates before ozev cut off date at the end of March...so you will pay full price... I would expect prices might drop in the summer.

£1045 without olev I doubt any installer will be able to get one installed if ordered now to be installed before the end of March as they need to contact dno and wait for response. So full price will probably be payable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-194052_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-194052_Chrome.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 112
From April 2022, the EVHS will no longer be open to homeowners (including people with mortgages) who live in single-unit properties such as bungalows and detached, semi-detached or terraced housing.

Installations in single-unit properties need to be completed by 31 March 2022 and a claim submitted to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) by 30 April 2022.

The scheme will remain open to:

• homeowners who live in flats
  • people in rental accommodation (flats and single-use properties)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-200702_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-200702_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 110
Seems expensive I had my rolec fitted for £745 all in. Plus had to have a new 100amp fuse fitted by western power but that was foc

I had mine fitted last year for £500 by Scottish Power. Actually ordered it the year before but the installers were shut down by covid.

That gave me time to fit a dedicated consumer unit. The original is so far away the excess charge for the install was more that the new CU. It now feeds the Wall Box. a 16A commando socket, a external power socket and drive lights:sneaky:.

Then the DNO sent out a crew to fit a new fuse as I couldn't see the rating of the one fitted. They re terminated the incomer with a new fuse block and provided an incomer earth (TN-S) instead of the completely inaccessible earth rod (it is supposed to be inspected every 5 years, the garage on top of it was at least 40 years old)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom