EV mode not sticky enough

hermitdave

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Manual mentions that the car starts in EV mode if it was switched off in EV mode - pages from manual inserted below.

I observed it being off in 2 distinct situations - always off when car is charged. The other is a bit random and I have not been able to put a finger on it except that the Current Trip on dash was reset if I recall correctly.

I am doing to do additional logging from today to see if EV mode off when car starts and if it coincides with current trip being reset.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.38.40.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.38.59.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.45.35.png

I haven't worked out how long you need to stop, for the current journey to reset, however even if I stop overnight, but don't charge, EV mode sticks. So I don't think it's related to that, assuming all cars are behaving the same way.

Copy my comment to the new post:

Hi Guys,

Wow its so great to see that I'm not the only one who's suffering this issue.

In my Mg hs phev the car NEVER start on EV mode no matter what was before, i tried everything and nothing helped.My county weather is around 24 degrees so it's not related to that, and I tried several times with AC off as well.

Ive talked with 6-7 people from my county and for all of them the car always remember the last mode, so if they turn the car off in EV mode it will start again in EV mode, 3 of them got the car in the same day i did.

I was on MG service center in my country and they dont know how to Fix it, they checked with their pc and didn't find any setting for that or update version, they said that they will check with manufacturer in China but im not sure they will really do it.

It's really strange that some of the car beahive different then the other, i guess its kind of setting in the engine pc or damage sensor. Hope all of us will be able to get the answer.

I think that i found something..
If i turn off the car while EV is enable and locking the car when I will come back to the car and unlock the car before I start the car I can see that ev light is green but when I press the start button it will turn off.

If i turn off the car with ev disable when i come back to the car after unlock it the ev will not be green.

Please check it also in your car, just after unlock the cae with the key and before start the car.

My observation on this has been
If EV Mode is on when switching the car off, locking and unlocking
1) the EV mode if lit, car starts in EV mode
2) if EV mode is unlit, car starts in Auto mode

For me also when the light is on when unlocking the car once i press the start button thr light is turning off and EV is disable

Yes also with Ac off, for me i NEVER manage to get Ev enable while starting the car

Mg service center in my country ask me to keep my car for 2-3 weeks in order to test it, not sure it worth it..

The strange thing for me is that EV is never enable while starting the car, no matter what was before.

I am keeping an eye on it too. I will talk to service center later this month when I go in for Infotainment + BMS update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom