Reaction score
Driving
MG5
This is my own personal opinion only, been there today Thursday 28/03. in previous years have done Silverstone and Farnborough and now London. I found London a little disappointing.
Why, I hear you asking??

Well it was much smaller than previous years and for us trying to listen to any of the talks and presentations was terrible because of the building construction. The sound was not good like rattling around in a tin can so gave up it on after trying 2 of them was also little cold no heating as I could feel in the hall.

Parking cost was £28 and 2 burritos and a can of coke x2 was £28 but very tasty but at London pricing I suppose.

Stars of the show vehicle wise was for me the BYD seal and dolphin along with the Kia EV9 which is a massive 7 seater very nice indeed over 5 meters long and 2.5 tons in weight according to the staff there, me and my son took this out for a test drive for a good 20 minutes and it was very nice indeed.
IMG_6797.jpegIMG_6800.jpeg
Impressed with it but not for me because of the size and price £77000 the Seal £45000 is a direct competitor to the model 3 Tesla and I would say a better car in many respects.
IMG_6807.jpeg
the dolphin a massive competitor to the MG4 in both size and price also very nice didn’t have a chance to drive it but very nice and very comfortable interior I like it and the Seal a lot.

Disappointed with the base spec Volvo EV30 in many ways not very comfortable at all with cheap trim on the base model in my view, there where 2 on display one £38000
And one around £46000 but no not for me and I had great hopes for that car for my wife.

MG had all models available to test drive other than the Cyberster but that was there on the stand in a bright yellow colour much prefer it in red to be honest.

The Tesla Model 3 highland was there much improved in many areas.
IMG_6796.jpeg
Loads of cars to test drive but you need your driving licence and driving record for points etc from the DVLA top tip is book online which cars you want to test drive these test drives were far better than any at the first 2 shows as you got about 20 minutes on the public roads

Lots of Heat pumps water cylinders solar and home batteries & EV chargers if that’s your interest.
So as I said at the start this is my view only l'm sure many will disagree but if you're going, take a coat unless there was an issue with the heating I don’t know but it was not that warm in there.

One good point everything apart from the test drives is indoors and it was rain off and on.
Les

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my own personal opinion only, been there today Thursday 28/03 in previous years have done Silverstone and Farnborough and now London I found London a little disappointing.
Why, I hear you asking??

Well it was much smaller than previous years and for us trying to listen to any off the talks and presentations was terrible because of the building construction the sound was not good like rattling around in a tin can so gave up it on after trying 2 of them was also little cold no heating as I could feel in the hall.

Parking cost was £28 and 2 burritos and a can of coke x2 was £28 but very tasty but at London pricing I suppose.

Stars of the show vehicle wise was for me the BYD seal and dolphin along with the Kia EV9 which is a massive 7 seater very nice indeed over 5 metres long and 2.5 tons in weight according to the staff there, me and my son took this out for a test drive for a good 20 minutes and it was very nice indeed.
View attachment 25190View attachment 25191
Impressed with it but not for me because of the size and price £77000 the Seal £45000 is a direct competitor to the model 3 Tesla and I would say a better car in many respects.
View attachment 25192
the dolphin a massive competitor to the MG4 in both size and price also very nice didn’t have a chance to drive it but very nice and very comfortable interior I like it and the Seal a lot.

Disappointed with the base spec Volvo EV30 in many ways not very comfortable at all with cheap trim on the base model in my view, there where 2 on display one £38000
And one around £46000 but no not for me and I had great hopes for that car for my wife.

MG had all models available to test drive other than the Cyberster but that was there on the stand in a bright yellow colour much prefer it in red to be honest.

The Tesla Model 3 highland was there much improved in many areas.
View attachment 25193
Loads of cars to test drive but you need your driving licence and driving record for points etc from the DVLA. Top tip is book online which cars you want to test drive. These test drives were far better than any at the first 2 shows as you got about 20 minutes on the public roads

Lots of Heat pumps water cylinders solar and home batteries & EV chargers if that’s your interest.
So as I said at the start this is my view only l'm sure many will disagree but if you're going, take a coat unless there was an issue with the heating I don’t know but it was not that warm in there.

One good point everything apart from the test drives is indoors and it was rain off and on.
Les
Thanks Les.

You should do the Harrogate show, £9.70 general admission or £7.80 for concessions (thanks to (@Bam Bam code 2024EE) to get in and free parking. :)

Thanks Les.

You should do the Harrogate show, £9.70 general admission or £7.80 for concessions (thanks to (@Bam Bam code 2024EE) to get in and free parking. :)
Hi GomEV
So can you say where I can get these £7.80 tickets for the Harrogate show in May please we paid £33 for a two day pass at London didn’t even bother to go back the 2nd day.
At £7.80 and an hours drive I might go to the Harrogate show in May as it might be better. Are you going ? not far from Leeds is it.
Les

Last edited:
Hi GomEV
So can you say where I can get these £7.80 tickets for the Harrogate show in May please we paid £33 for a two day pass at London didn’t even bother to go back the 2nd day.
At £7.80 and an hours drive I might go to the Harrogate show in May as it might be better. Are you going ? not far from Leeds is it.
Les
@Les burrows link is here

Click on 'book tickets' then on next page enter code 2024EE in top box where it says 'enter code' and click on 'Use code' before selecting anything else. Reduced prices will show when selecting whichever ticket(s) you want. :)

I am going on the Friday (to avoid the weekend hordes ! 😂 ) Last year I bought a 2 day pass and didn't go second day either so just the one day this year and on my own as missus declined the offer. :)

Last edited:
@Les burrows link is here

Click on 'book tickets' then on next page enter code 2024EE in top box where it says 'enter code' and click on 'Use code' before selecting anything else. Reduced prices will show when selecting whichever ticket(s) you want. :)

I am going on the Friday (to avoid the weekend hordes ! 😂 ) Last year I bought a 2 day pass and didn't go second day either so just the one day this year and on my own as missus declined the offer. :)
Booked it for Friday as well to avoid the weekend rush my missus like yours has declined the offer but said I can maybe drop her and a friend off in the town I replied maybe I will consider it.
Les

Last edited:
Booked it for Friday as well to avoid the weekend rush my missus like yours has declined the offer but said I can maybe drop her and a friend of in the town I replied maybe I will consider it.
Les
Boys day out :D . I'll keep my eyes peeled and say hi if I spot you. I should recognise you from the podcasts but I'm not great at recognising people.

I got free tickets!

Having been to Silverstone & Farnborough, this was sold as a huge event with boats & every EV.

I left after 2.5 hours of nice chats with bored stand holders. Not good as previously I'd done all 3 days . . .

I gave poor feedback.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom