EVHS Grant Payment

Tom McConnell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I had my ev home charger installed a week ago.

Just wondering how long it takes the government to pay the EVHS grant ?

Do they send a cheque ?

Thanks

Tom

I had my ev home charger installed a week ago.

Just wondering how long it takes the government to pay the EVHS grant ?

Do they send a cheque ?

Thanks

Tom
The installer claims the grant on your behalf and the amount you pay them is net of it surely.

The installer claims the grant on your behalf and the amount you pay them is net of it surely.
Ah, OK. So the cost of the device is higher than I thought. It was not made clear to me in the BP Pulse documents that the grant was included in the numbers and the amount I paid them.
So I have paid £749 all in for the BP Pulse charger after the grant. Includes £150 for an electrician to install a 100A breaker in the meter box. And £599 for the device and install itself.

Ah, OK. So the cost of the device is higher than I thought. It was not made clear to me in the BP Pulse documents that the grant was included in the numbers and the amount I paid them.
So I have paid £749 all in for the BP Pulse charger after the grant. Includes £150 for an electrician to install a 100A breaker in the meter box. And £599 for the device and install itself.
I had a BP Chargemaster 7kW installed last September costing £599 after the grant which BP claimed. In 2017 the cost for a dumb charger (looks physically identical) was £395 after the government grant of £500 then.

The Chargevision App associated with the newer smart charger appears to work okay with fancy graphics and variable scheduling but is unreliable i.e. my charger/server haven't communicated since last Friday morning. Normally there are updates every 15 minutes. When it works great but I'm glad I don't have to rely on scheduled charging. How are you finding the Chargevision App?

the price sounds about right.

and my customers are telling me im too dear at £430.00 inc vat.. im going to ptint this off to show them..

I had a BP Chargemaster 7kW installed last September costing £599 after the grant which BP claimed. In 2017 the cost for a dumb charger (looks physically identical) was £395 after the government grant of £500 then.

The Chargevision App associated with the newer smart charger appears to work okay with fancy graphics and variable scheduling but is unreliable i.e. my charger/server haven't communicated since last Friday morning. Normally there are updates every 15 minutes. When it works great but I'm glad I don't have to rely on scheduled charging. How are you finding the Chargevision App?
I have not got the Chargevision app. The BP Pulse app appears to be called Smartcharge currently and I am chaising BP to provision my login. Are there two apps?

I have not got the Chargevision app. The BP Pulse app appears to be called Smartcharge currently and I am chaising BP to provision my login. Are there two apps?
Hi Tom. From the Smartcharge website by selecting home charging will lead you to a login page for homecharge/chargevision. Once you have your login you will see the facilities available. I'm not very impressed with Chargevision or its reliability. Sometimes it is impossible to login for hours at a time. Setting a schedule seems very clumsy and amateurish. I would have expected better from BP. At the moment my new Smart charger is power less due to a defective PEN unit BP fitted in association with the charge unit so I am having to rely on the old dumb charger I have used for the last 5 years without any problems whatsoever. So much for Smart charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom