Excite vs Exclusive Seats

keizer soze

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,

Please could someone in the know tell me if there is a difference in the design of the seats between the Excite and the Exclusive?

My local dealer told me that the only difference was the covering, i.e. Exclusive = real leather, Excite = "leather look".

I have been for a test drive in an Exclusive and the seats suited me and my sciatica, I need a firm seat, I cannot find an Excite to try, or even look in. There are few interior pictures of the Excite either, but the couple I did see looked like the seat was a different design, a video review also suggested the seats were softer and less supportive in the Excite compared to the Exclusive.

Does anyone out there know the truth :) ? Or anyone with an Excite that would be kind enough to post some driver's seat pictures?

Thanks very much.

22-2020-MG-HS-Excite482.jpg

Excite seats.

mg-hs-plug-in-2021-601124.jpg

Exclusive seats.

I don't know how they relate to each other re comfort as I've only ever sat in an exclusive. Personally I find the exclusive seats very comfortable.

I don't know how a dealer can say they are the same.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Please could someone in the know tell me if there is a difference in the design of the seats between the Excite and the Exclusive?

My local dealer told me that the only difference was the covering, i.e. Exclusive = real leather, Excite = "leather look".

I have been for a test drive in an Exclusive and the seats suited me and my sciatica, I need a firm seat, I cannot find an Excite to try, or even look in. There are few interior pictures of the Excite either, but the couple I did see looked like the seat was a different design, a video review also suggested the seats were softer and less supportive in the Excite compared to the Exclusive.

Does anyone out there know the truth :) ? Or anyone with an Excite that would be kind enough to post some driver's seat pictures?

Thanks very much.
My experience was quite the opposite. I ran an Exclusive for 8000 miles and found the vinyl seats awful - too hot and sticky in warm weather and the seat base too saggy for my back condition - so much so that I had to use an orthopaedic support pad on top pf the seat base. I recently changed the car for the facelift SE (ie the new version of the Excite) and find the cloth seats really good - cool and much more supportive. I don't know if they are the same seats as in the previous model. I guess we're all different, so the only way to tell is via an extended test of each.

Upvote 0
Hi Neil,

What is the SE? There's no mention of it or cloth seats on the MG website as a trim level on the HS PHEV. Are you talking about the ZS?

The MG website just lists the excite and exclusive as trims for the HS PHEV. They also quote (as it always has been) that the excite has 'leather style' i.e. vinyl upholstery whereas the exclusive is quoted as 'Leather upholstery'. Also, the exclusive is listed as having 'sports style front seats with one-piece back'.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom