Excited to be picking up my MG5

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello all, I’m Stuart, from The New Forest, just to say hello, I’m picking up my 5 on Tuesday, quite excited as it’s going to be my first EV. Moving from 10 years of Mercedes/BMW & Audi cars. I really need an estate with min 200 miles range to make it viable for me which I hope the 5 will do.

200 miles will be pretty difficult to achieve in the winter. Expect closer to 175 and be prepared to get below 10% battery. It's a bit of a learning curve, but the range limitations are more than made up for by the instant torque and constant acceleration. I'm sure you'll love it.

When you are after maximum range...drive like an old man...limit your exceleration, use maximum re-gen, eco-mode, minimal air con and heating......you'll soon get the hang of it....or find a charger...en-route and go and a comfort break or a cup of coffee.

It is a slightly different way of looking at stuff.....but no less enjoyable.

It will be easier for you when the weather warms up a bit and you get an extra 25% range....Good luck with your purchase....dont forget your green number plates! 🤑

200 miles is long time without a break. Even a short loo/coffee break will give you enough top-up for another 30-40 miles. Extend that break another few minutes and you're looking at 70-80 miles even longer if you have a meal. How often will you need to travel more than 200 miles in one journey? I've been totally electric for 4 years and range has never been an issue. Even easier now with rapid points becoming more common. Relax and enjoy the delights of one pedal driving coupled with instant torque and you'll wonder why you didn't make the EV leap years ago.

Hello all, I’m Stuart, from The New Forest, just to say hello, I’m picking up my 5 on Tuesday, quite excited as it’s going to be my first EV. Moving from 10 years of Mercedes/BMW & Audi cars. I really need an estate with min 200 miles range to make it viable for me which I hope the 5 will do.
I hope that you enjoy the car. I like the dash on the MG5 I think the layout is nicer than the current ZS

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom