Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
This thread is for discussing FG Barnes Canterbury MG. Please ask questions here and share only your genuine opinions & experiences.

Last edited:
My year old ZSEV had it's first service at FG Barnes Canterbury - no faults or problems to resolve - car was returned spotlessly clean inside and out. I had a 'yellow peril' MG3 as a loan car for the service. Excellent service.

My year old ZSEV had it's first service at FG Barnes Canterbury - no faults or problems to resolve - car was returned spotlessly clean inside and out. I had a 'yellow peril' MG3 as a loan car for the service. Excellent service.
Hi DavidGM,

My son lives in Canterbury. Do FG Barnes have a charging point for anyone to use? It'll be very useful when we go to visit.

Yes, charge points available at FG Barnes which I think are free. Staff have to attend to allow you to access the chargers.

Congratulations to F G Barnes Canterbury. I took our MGZS Exclusive in to investigate a squealing sunshine roof. They dealt with it while I waited ( I had made the appointment previously). On completion he car was brought round from the workshop, washed and vacuumed all at no charge. That is what I call service above and beyond. Well done and thank you!

Perversely, it wasn't squealing today when I took it in but they had heard it the week previously when it had been dry for a while. They have lubricated it and asked me to try it out during some dry weather. At the moment, silence is golden. I will let you know if the squeal returns.
On another topic. Does anyone's vehicle make a noise at low speeds to alert pedestrians. I cannot find out how to access this feature, if t exists.

Perversely, it wasn't squealing today when I took it in but they had heard it the week previously when it had been dry for a while. They have lubricated it and asked me to try it out during some dry weather. At the moment, silence is golden. I will let you know if the squeal returns.
On another topic. Does anyone's vehicle make a noise at low speeds to alert pedestrians. I cannot find out how to access this feature, if t exists.

I would be interested to know this. I took a Trophy on test drive (took it home to make sure it would fit under our car port!) and couldn't hear a pedestrian noise, even with the window open.

On my Zoe it is quite loud (but at least I can turn it off)

My 2020 ZS does make the sound 19mph & below but I don't think it's loud enough. I would also like to be able to have it available at higher speeds to alert cyclists.

Interested to hear about their response to the squeak. I wasn't impressed with the service staff's knowledge when I had some charging issues early on.

Interested to hear about their response to the squeak. I wasn't impressed with the service staff's knowledge when I had some charging issues early on.
I bought my HS PHEV Exclusive from F G Barnes Canterbury in July last year. I dealt with their saleman Mike and the whole process was painless. He found me a Farringdon Red black leather model in stock somewhere.
I had a good idea what my one owner excellent condition Freelander2 SD4 was worth in part exchange and looking on Car Wow what I should be be prepared to pay for the MG. I’ve never used PCP before but it really was a no brainier.
Deposit my car and even get some cash back. 4 years no interest payments on a car that has a seven year warranty.
I have been very pleased with the car, covered c5000 miles at an average as of today of 62.5 mpg for mixed journey motoring.
I‘m not up to speed with some of the technology and have just called in to them twice when in the area. Their excellent tech man Tom came out and went through things with me.
Super Customer Service. I hope the owners of the company look at this forum to see what stars they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom