Find this plug

yodu45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello! Can anyone tell me where to find this plug:
1000003229.jpg

I have a mg4 luxury ( trophy) v1. I am not sure the one in the picture exists on my car.
Thanks!

I need to find the 2 wire shown. They should be the canbus. To gather motor speed data and throttle pedal data. It seems like the obd plug does not get me these. Or I am doing something wrong. It is to install the thor active sound booster system.

I need to find the 2 wire shown. They should be the canbus. To gather motor speed data and throttle pedal data. It seems like the obd plug does not get me these. Or I am doing something wrong. It is to install the thor active sound booster system.
I have some good news and some bad news... The good news is the answer you are looking for is in this PDF... the bad news is you'll need to do some digging (and I don't have a shovel on me) to find it.

[ Moderator: PDF attachment removed, as it's likely a copyrighted document that can be purchased from MG. Two extracts from this document appear under "fair use" provisions a few posts below. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
The only diagram where I see Green/Brown next to Yellow/Black is at the Intelligent Motor Control unit, but the pin numbers don't seem to agree:

1708822529339.png

The connector in the first photo looks more consumer-ish to my inexperienced eye, so I wondered about the infotainment systems. But this time, the stripe on the green CAN bus wire is white, not brown:

1708822681214.png

And again, the pin numbers aren't convincing. This is also the "Comfort" CAN bus, as opposed to the "PowerTrain" CAN bus. So I think you want the CAN bus from the upper diagram; it may be more convenient to find it earlier, where it has Yellow / Red and Green / Blue. In my ZS, the on-board charger (which I think is the Combined Charging Unit, is fairly easy to find under the bonnet. But thee MG4 being rear-wheel drive and designed from the ground up as an EV may be completely different in ECU locations.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom