• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

First towing - NOT impressed

@ Lars , did you drive it in the High charge setting when towing? as Hermitdave say my combo of towing with a flat battery and normal hybrid mode is probably the worst i could do :rolleyes:
Yes I used the High charge mode. But watching in the "Hybrid mode" screen you will see that battery is only used uphill and accelerating. Driving strait out it will use none or very little battery.

I haven’t towed near the specification limit or own an MG plug-in hybrid. But based on my own experience with my Kia Niro plug-in hybrid it’s very important to maintain sufficient HV battery buffer during towing to avoid draining the battery on long inclines. What others has pointed out about using the right hybrid mode for heavy load is the way to go.

(Edit/clarify: Maintaining higher HV battery charge can be archived using sport mode on the Kias, and obv. the battery level mode pointed out by earlier posters for MG.)

Last edited:
Yes I used the High charge mode. But watching in the "Hybrid mode" screen you will see that battery is only used uphill and accelerating. Driving strait out it will use none or very little battery.
What mpg did you get, and range before refuelling?

Hmmm, for me that means it's a no no. With a 37 litre tank that means a range at best when touring of only 160 miles. Not sure I want range anxiety on longer journeys combined with finding forecourt garages that I can safely access with a caravan or go through the hassle of unhitching at the forecourt. Such a shame as it's a bit of a bargain. thanks for responding.

Being used to pulling trailers loaded with up to 2.5T a 1.5 engine is never going to be a choice pick towing nearly 1.5T behind it once the battery is flat

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom