Fixed DF tariff ending next month recommend me an EV one

Dryer overnight probably ok. But leaving clothes drying in washing machine overnight, not a good idea, comes out wrinkled up, and leaves dried up marks
Who said we did… just takes a little thought to set the machine to the desired cycle finish time..

I recenty switched from EDF 20:20 tariff to Eon Next Drive. I was put on the Next Flex for a week whilst they switched everyting over. I emailed their customer support to find out what the times were on switching from peak to off peak, and got very evasive answers.

When I was switched to the EV tariff, it said it was from midnight to seven, regardless of daylight saving.

I was suspicious, so I was up late last night watching my smart meter display. Midnight came and went, no change in cost. 00:30, no change. 01:00, still no change. 01:35, the cost changed to off peak tariff!!

Moral of this story, check your smart meter before you start your car charging, you may not be fully on off peak.

Recommendations needed guys n gals please ,
My Octopus’s fixed tariff ends at the end of next month so I’m now looking for an electric tariff with a cheap rate at night and a gas one .
only charge my car once a fortnight , it do have washing machine on most evenings and that has a delay on it
P/S I think I know what the answer will be but should it be Go or intelligent 😉
I would find out if your EV or Charger is comparable MG are not on their list nor Zappi charger , so you will be on the go only 12.30 to 4.30 bit mean but better than standard

As I only charge fairly infrequently and don’t have a compatible charger, I went with Octopus Agile. Suits me as I live alone and can plan to use very little at the peak times, generally between 4-7 . Wouldn’t suit everyone.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom