Frasers Falkirk - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

93D7E3AE-4DA7-494B-AC12-FADC5FDF27D0.jpeg
522E5088-CD91-4D29-9E70-2AEE75AB2911.jpeg
93D7E3AE-4DA7-494B-AC12-FADC5FDF27D0.jpeg

This is an epidemic which began in Stirling then ? Luckily masks and excessive hand washing is not essential 🤣🤣

As you can see, our local clan sparrow has already “passed” judgement on the short go faster antenna modification 😤

Yes mine was supplied by mr Amazon also.
I can’t be bothered with the radio on in cars so just play recordings from the iPhone - mostly from my son’s V8 Ram truck as a nostalgic reminder of how the prehistoric machinery sounded 🤪
39A1C9C5-DA4A-42A0-8DCC-C5DFFF169E32.jpeg

Hi Bloggsy
Hope you are well, just a wee update I've just gone and bought a small aerial as demonstrated at Stirling and it took all of 90 seconds to change and it looks real posy :cool:
All good, thanks. Looking nice, Sir! We did say it's not the size, it what you do with it.....! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The wife still doesn't wanting me changing the aerial yet, but I'll wear her down eventually! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

All good, thanks. Looking nice, Sir! We did say it's not the size, it what you do with it.....! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The wife still doesn't wanting me changing the aerial yet, but I'll wear her down eventually! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy
Aye but looking on the bright side Bloggsy, remember that if her aerial ever gets broken or stolen there’s a ready supply of virtually new replacements stored at various safe houses around the country 😄

Aye but looking on the bright side Bloggsy, remember that if her aerial ever gets broken or stolen there’s a ready supply of virtually new replacements stored at various safe houses around the country 😄
Hi all, just back from my trip doon south and to say it was torture is an understatement. Freckin Ecotricity service was "shite" I thought I planned the stops well allowing for pee breaks and coffee's AND charging but the above company killed my plans and needs taken out of every m/way service station in the land !
70% did not work and tried to use the app I had but all charger's did not have Wi-Fi ! and when I did manage to get some power it cut off and duly locked the gun in the car - after 47mins answering my call she tried all sorts but no luck I eventually did the emergency release via the book (under the bonnet) - other services had two units and NONE worked...what made it worse was 3 teslas were happily charging up next to me - Grrrr
Until they get their act together will not venture far away from Scotland + its free...end of moan

Hi all, just back from my trip doon south and to say it was torture is an understatement. Freckin Ecotricity service was "sh*te" I thought I planned the stops well allowing for pee breaks and coffee's AND charging but the above company killed my plans and needs taken out of every m/way service station in the land !
70% did not work and tried to use the app I had but all charger's did not have Wi-Fi ! and when I did manage to get some power it cut off and duly locked the gun in the car - after 47mins answering my call she tried all sorts but no luck I eventually did the emergency release via the book (under the bonnet) - other services had two units and NONE worked...what made it worse was 3 teslas were happily charging up next to me - Grrrr
Until they get their act together will not venture far away from Scotland + its free...end of moan
Oh no 😱 that sounds horrendous right enough. We were thinking of a Cornish trip sometime but might go and circumnavigate the NC 500 half a dozen times instead 🤣 sounds like that might be far simpler (as long as Mr Stewart can give details of the kindly worker with the extension lead 🤣)
We’ve a Dornoch trip next month and Ballachuilish a few weeks later.

Oh no 😱 that sounds horrendous right enough. We were thinking of a Cornish trip sometime but might go and circumnavigate the NC 500 half a dozen times instead 🤣 sounds like that might be far simpler (as long as Mr Stewart can give details of the kindly worker with the extension lead 🤣)
yes Archev, wouldn't disagree with your plan to stay North of the border as I plan NOT to go down south until the infrastructure is more dependable. I'm sure Dave will give you all the help you need

I hate using motorway services and although Gridserve have taken over Ecotricity and are replacing many units the only time I used one I had problems. I can thoroughly recommend Instavolt. A little expensive may be but thoroughly reliable.

There are some great charging places just off the motorway. I have found two really good ones, Gosforth Costa just off the A1 outside Newcastle- 8 Instavolt chargers and good facilities.

Last Saturday I used MFG Crow Orchard near Wigan. Charging was quick and easy and again the facilities were good.
84ABE697-5FB9-449B-A118-DA556DE058CC.jpeg

In future I am going to search out places like this rather than get stressed using the motorway.

I hate using motorway services and although Gridserve have taken over Ecotricity and are replacing many units the only time I used one I had problems. I can thoroughly recommend Instavolt. A little expensive may be but thoroughly reliable.

There are some great charging places just off the motorway. I have found two really good ones, Gosforth Costa just off the A1 outside Newcastle- 8 Instavolt chargers and good facilities.

Last Saturday I used MFG Crow Orchard near Wigan. Charging was quick and easy and again the facilities were good.
View attachment 4264
In future I am going to search out places like this rather than get stressed using the motorway.
Don't disagree RichardC, I tried that at Penrith and it took me a wee while to find it ! I'm sure it was Instavolt but my problem was getting to my destination which was Wisbech on the same day !

Don't disagree RichardC, I tried that at Penrith and it took me a wee while to find it ! I'm sure it was Instavolt but my problem was getting to my destination which was Wisbech on the same day !
Oh forgot to mention - on my journey home I was down to 50mph on the motorway to conserve energy and arrived at the house with 4 miles in the tank :-(

As a matter of interest, went to Ikea Edinburgh, today with the boss and plugged in to their charging point (Ecotricity) one of the new ones and so easy, plug in, present your debit card and hey presto but...
checked my account later and for about 25 mins it cost me 20quid from Gridserve UK !!!
Used to free for nothing power so it hurt :-(

Ouch, that hurts. That’s a ridiculous price. We’ve just traded in the ZSev and the good lady’s diesel citroen for a long range 5. Tried it out this afternoon- quite impressed with the size and found it even quieter than the ZS due to the under bonnet baffle plate covering all the workings. And the lure of the 250 plus mile range clinched it.

Ouch, that hurts. That’s a ridiculous price. We’ve just traded in the ZSev and the good lady’s diesel citroen for a long range 5. Tried it out this afternoon- quite impressed with the size and found it even quieter than the ZS due to the under bonnet baffle plate covering all the workings. And the lure of the 250 plus mile range clinched it.

Well done Archev, think that's a good move but being an old git I'd need to try the getting in and out exercise !
Having said that, currently planning to hold on to the ZS EV until the Tesla model 2 comes out looks like something I would go for at the price quoted...

A bit of an OG myself so we were keen to try the access too. The 5 sits about a couple of inches lower than the ZS but it seemed pretty easy - we got in and back out a few times without trouble and the seats are comfortable so we’ve gone ahead.

A bit of an OG myself so we were keen to try the access too. The 5 sits about a couple of inches lower than the ZS but it seemed pretty easy - we got in and back out a few times without trouble and the seats are comfortable so we’ve gone ahead.
Did you have to lay down after your " few times" also re the 20.00 charge at Ikea, disregard as it is a holding charge which basically means they capture the money then release after a few days back to your account so...the cost of the charge was 3.97 which is good (my bad) :-(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom