Free Charge Point

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
First go at free public charge point - seemed quite popular! 😎
24678A4F-D123-4CF7-B154-4CE25189AD58.jpeg

I did first Tesco charge today in Ledbury (was just passing through) I added 20 miles or so. No phone signal but used Tesco Wi-Fi to connect to Podpoint to confirm charge. Bought some stuff to salve conscience. All went well.Thank you Tesco

Attachments

• 4A57FCE1-E97E-4D15-A253-51AB84006B34.jpeg
    4A57FCE1-E97E-4D15-A253-51AB84006B34.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I've used my local Tesco for free charging a few times now but it needs to be put into perspective.
My shop lasts no more than an hour so I get 7kWh at the very best. That charge would cost me 35p on my Octopus tariff so the benefit is marginal and can be dwarfed or blown by purchase decisions in the shop. The bigger benefit in my mind is having a more generously sized parking space, so reducing the chance of dings (and remember I got one when the car was only 3 days old!)

Last edited:
I am off to Tesco’s tomorrow. A bit of shopping, a coffee and 3 hours of peace and quiet. Heaven, oh and free electricity.
I had a 2 hour charge but came across a couple of problems. Before I went shopping I confirmed the charge on the app. However, when I returned the charge had stopped. I started it again. I did not get many miles though because of this as I was in the shop for over 30minutes.

When I was finished I could not disconnect the charging cable from the charger. I usually sit in the car and then lock/unlock the car when I want to disconnect. Every time I pressed lock the horn sounded as if a door was open.

Eventually it worked and I was able to disconnect.

I then drove off with the flap up!!!

I am off to Tesco’s tomorrow. A bit of shopping, a coffee and 3 hours of peace and quiet. Heaven, oh and free electricity.
3 hours shopping it Tesco could work out an expensive bill at the tills 🤣 !.
Mind you, that’s all part of the plan by Tesco I think.
BIG SHOP .

While I'm in the waiting for my car to be delivered stage, lots of research as to where I will charge and noted the Tesco charge points so good to know.
Now that said I noticed Costco also have free charging stations at some locations, one being on my route visit my Dad in the care home.
Now that will be expensive and that's just the food court alone :D

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom