Front Parking Sensors

Douma

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I really would like to fit front parking sensors, can anyone suggest a remedy??

See this:

Why? tall pavements, low walls, low bollards. All best avoided!!!
Observation is key and a lot cheaper. Does it often come as a surprise that there is wall in front of you ? :)

Observation is key and a lot cheaper. Does it often come as a surprise that there is wall in front of you ? :)
I park in the works car park and the charger is on the wall in front and my space is on a corner so I need to be as far forward as possible having front sensors make opening the hatch and plugging in much easier.

I park in the works car park and the charger is on the wall in front and my space is on a corner so I need to be as far forward as possible having front sensors make opening the hatch and plugging in much easier.
I can generally get within 5 metres, the length of my cable, without the aid of sensors. :ROFLMAO:

If you are not confident about knowing where the front of your car is then front sensors will obviously be of assistance to you. Personally I don't feel the need to add them but each to their own preferences.
Let us know here if you've had them fitted, or are going to, and details as that may help others as well.

I'd like to think that I don't need them, and I won't be fitting them to the MG5, but previous cars have had them and it's another technological aid that I believe on the whole is a good one.

I'm currently in Portugal driving a renter, a Dacia something. It has no front or rear sensors, a manual handbrake, a stick shift, brakes you have to press yourself, a funny smelling pipe at the back, plenty of noise, no means of filling it while I sleep, and nothing to warn you when you've moved out of your lane while watching a YouTube. On the bright side it was only about €5 a day though, for the next 6 weeks :)

I'm more than capable of manoeuvring without them, its just I've had front sensors and a reversing camera in cars for 8 years and like the accuracy I can park with, particularly when I'm stopping at the outlaws I can get as close to my BiLs car as possible so I don't block the neighbours drive or face lift the bumper!
In fact the first car I bought I literally said in the showroom, "bugger off I'm not having parking sensors I can f*cking drive." Then found out eh rear window was so small and high I couldn't really see behind me, I drove the FiLs Navarra and previously thought RVCs were gimmick, nope loved it and spec them on every car now.

The bit that gets me is there is already a radar on the front of my car so why can't they just use that to do the job of a front sensor!

I'm more than capable of manoeuvring without them, its just I've had front sensors and a reversing camera in cars for 8 years and like the accuracy I can park with, particularly when I'm stopping at the outlaws I can get as close to my BiLs car as possible so I don't block the neighbours drive or face lift the bumper!
In fact the first car I bought I literally said in the showroom, "bugger off I'm not having parking sensors I can f*cking drive." Then found out eh rear window was so small and high I couldn't really see behind me, I drove the FiLs Navarra and previously thought RVCs were gimmick, nope loved it and spec them on every car now.

The bit that gets me is there is already a radar on the front of my car so why can't they just use that to do the job of a front sensor!
The front laser has a relatively narrow beam so would not pick out the bollard about to smash your headlight. :)

Only surprised when it is below the field of vision.:oops: To save battery power, have you considered disconnecting your reversing camera, as you don`t seem to need it 😊

Only surprised when it is below the field of vision.:oops: To save battery power, have you considered disconnecting your reversing camera, as you don`t seem to need it 😊
I don't think saving battery power is an issue. These objects are only below the field of vision as you get close to them, usually we approach from further away, noting that they are there before running into them.
I, like most of us, managed without front sensors or reversing cameras (or even rear sensors) for a very long time. They are nice to have if you want them and if you want to spend extra on having them retro fitted, well that's entirely your choice. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom