Front seat stitching issues

mevvi1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Anyone had problems with stitching on front seat giving way?

Booked into dealer as seats only covered by warranty for 12 months!

MG responded very quickly to my warranty claim, two days for new seat cover. Seats are only guaranteed for a year under warranty, seems poor to me. I insisted on a full check of the whole car as I was concerned if something as essential as the seats coming apart occurred, what else might be an issue?

It’s good to hear they’re responsive with this. Our car’s got to go back for a deep scratch on the roof spoiler I found on collection and the phone charger pad is very unreliable and doesn’t constantly charge as it should. Hopefully the list of things needing rectification doesn’t get too long.

Anyone had problems with stitching on front seat giving way?

Booked into dealer as seats only covered by warranty for 12 months!
I’ve got the same problem on 2021 mg hs exclusive. Stitching opening up on a section of drivers seat. It’s not even in an area that has any pressure applied. Obviously a faulty sowing issue as the garage agrees. However, seat covers only covered under warranty for 12 months. Not impressed.

Take a look at the Sale of Goods Act and the need for goods to be ‘fit for purpose’. 12 months didn’t cover that requirement for car seats I’m sure. .

Have a word with the Citizens Advice Bureau, I’m sure they will be able to help.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom