MGEvieNewOna

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I am hoping that I am not the only new MG owner frustrated at MG Australia's decision not to allow the drive mode default settings to be changed and saved. It is incredibly frustrating having to change the drive mode and driving safety features every time you get behind the wheel and start the car! Even after a 2 minute stop at the shops...

All the MG owners I've discussed this with hope that MG receive enough feedback to change their stance and fix this with a software update on their vehicles. It's the one frustration of all MG owners having to change the drive mode settings every time the car is started!

A simple driver profile with the preferences selected and saved by the driver, would fix the issue!

I am encouraging all MG owners to provide this feedback to MG Australia via their website, lets hope they listen to their customers!

Last edited:
I would expect the car behave the same every time I get into the car. A saved mode not for me? That is dangerous.

The default mode on U.K. models of ZS Gen1 and Gen2 is defaulted to normal and Regen level 3.
Having owned both the Gen 1 and now Gen2 models, I find this to be an acceptable settings that I have become used too over about 30,000 miles.
Sport mode can be a little too urgent and traction lost when pulling away from a standing start.
And Eco mode reduces the efficiency of the HVAC system.
Light pressure on the “Go” pedal can produce the same efficiency as Eco mode and hitting the “Go” hard will give the same effect as Sports mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
The default mode on U.K. models of ZS Gen1 and Gen2 is defaulted to normal and Regen level 3.
Having owned both the Gen 1 and now Gen2 models, I find this to be an acceptable settings that I have become used too over about 30,000 miles.
Sport mode can be a little too urgent and traction lost when pulling away from a standing start.
And Eco mode reduces the efficiency of the HVAC system.
Light pressure on the “Go” pedal can produce the same efficiency as Eco mode and hitting the “Go” hard will give the same effect as Sports mode.
I agree with your summary. I read various comments on this forum about the various modes and consequently leave my TCLR on N and Kers 3 as it is the default. A light ish foot gives me 3.7 to 4.2 at the moment. Long range means not even having to think about mileage on a daily basis.

I have found that Regen 3 on the Gen2 model is not as strong as Regen 3 on the Gen 1 model with BMS update for sure !.
But this helps with keeping the cost down on brake disc replacement 🤣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom