Full Post Code Entry?

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Looking at a YT review it states you cannot enter a full post code, only part and then you then you need to enter the street/road name, is this correct? How much can you enter?

Thanks for the help, maybe they are the same but the reviewer was rather annoyed that he could not input the whole code. Could be MG has improved the software?

Last edited:
I think the confusion around full post codes is that SPACES ARE IMPORTANT.
If you don't explicitly enter the spaces in the postcode, it gets confused.

Example....enter MK7 (space) 7 then the remainder..no problem
Enter MK77...then you can't enter the rest because the next character is a letter and its expecting a number.

If you do that, there's no problem

In ref to the postcode entry....can you tell me what sat nav system you are using in your HZ PHEV. I have new one here in Malta and it is Navi system but after reading this I went into garage and played around with the system and for the life of me found not one way to enter a post code as there was no reference in any settings or touchable button to give me an entry option.

I have also been in a wonderful long email chat with Navi as to why I cant update my system to latest maps etc.

My new car (August 21) has the version as my photo and no matter what I do, it won't update and shows that it is 2019 Q4 and I want 2021 Q2. If someone can kindly photo the screen in About-Maps then scroll down to Malta and show me what is listed then I will have a better understanding as to what's going on.

For me it's the message I get when completing the install "Invalid installation". This and the postcode thing sent to drive me bonkers on a Saturday afternoon with temperature of 22c and clear blue skies and a big yellow thing beating down on my array of solar panels. Time for very large cold lager...me thinks!!

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 106
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back