Gap Insurance

Kpa

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to get the MG ZS EV exclusive ;anybody able to help with Gap Insurance?
who they used and how much should I be paying ?

I've used ALA in the past but I decided not to bother this time as I have settled the finance. They are a lot cheaper than dealers prices as the dealer commision is not on.

I used Admiral and pay monthly over 1 year for 3 years cover, you can opt for longer if needed.

Just checked my policy and it was £19.90 for 10 months, £199.00 in total. Money well spent as they will refund difference to the invoice value if written off within the policy term. On another note and I didn’t know this you can get gap insurance for used cars too, subject to age and mileage restrictions....

That’s said if someone hits you, or you yourself have an accident and it’s a write off, you get all your money back to purchase price, worth every penny for three years piece of mind as we know how quickly vehicles loose money.

I was persuaded in the past to have it, even though I paid cash for the car, but after looking into it I realised 1. it's cheaper elsewhere than the dealers, 2. most motor insurance policies pay out for a new car if you write it off in the first year anyway so you only need it from year 2 and 3. it only covers written off cars (and you have no choice in the matter as to whether it's a write off or not).
I would probably only take it out in future if I had a car on a bank loan so I wouldn't have to carry on paying payments after the car is written off. I'm not sure how that affects PCP plans or hire purchase agreements as technically the car doesn't belong to you until it's settled.

It is advisable to take out alloy wheel insurance as the ones on the MG are diamond cut and very unique. To repair a slight mark is about £85 - £100 each time. I am sure we all aim to take care driving but consider the state of the roads - potholes and the number of times you have to go on the pavement due to others parked up.For the cost of about one scrape you can insure the car alloys for 3 yrs with the firm tidyalloys .com.They do other products as well.Please note I have nothing to do with this firm only have done my research !!!

It is advisable to take out alloy wheel insurance as the ones on the MG are diamond cut and very unique. To repair a slight mark is about £85 - £100 each time. I am sure we all aim to take care driving but consider the state of the roads - potholes and the number of times you have to go on the pavement due to others parked up.For the cost of about one scrape you can insure the car alloys for 3 yrs with the firm tidyalloys .com.They do other products as well.Please note I have nothing to do with this firm only have done my research !!!

So what's the claim limit? I can imagine some more careless drivers are going to scrape wheels multiple times over 3 years!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom