General hints and tips on start up for a brand new electric driver

gazman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So yesterday,off the back of a trailer came my new works lease car MG SUV ES 21 plate ,diesel was not an option ,nice looking motor ,checked over and but I was left to fathom out the start up procedure . Is there a sequenced way to do this . because sometimes it doesn’t go into drive mode and I have been left to restart the button and go through the sequence again .sorry if this all a bit green but if someone could just talk me thru it ,and any other hints or buttons to hit to maximise the mileage from a charge. I’m not really into cars I just need them to work.I’m sure it will all come together .

So yesterday,off the back of a trailer came my new works lease car MG SUV ES 21 plate ,diesel was not an option ,nice looking motor ,checked over and but I was left to fathom out the start up procedure . Is there a sequenced way to do this . because sometimes it doesn’t go into drive mode and I have been left to restart the button and go through the sequence again .sorry if this all a bit green but if someone could just talk me thru it ,and any other hints or buttons to hit to maximise the mileage from a charge. I’m not really into cars I just need them to work.I’m sure it will all come together .
Hi, with your foot on the brake pedal press the start button, you will get a screen message in green saying ready. Keep your foot on the brake pedal and turn the selector to D or R, foot off the brake and away you go.
Pressing start without your foot on the brake disconnects the HV battery, sit too long in this position and you will flatten the 12 volt battery. If you want to sit in the car with the radio on for example, go through the start sequence with foot on the brake but don't select D or R, you will then be using the HV battery to keep the 12volt battery charged.
Hope this helps.

If you want to get maximum mileage you need to drive in economy mode and KERS 3. (Kinetic energy recovery system - this puts juice back in the battery as you take you foot of the accelerator)

To choose economy mode and KERS 3 move the silver toggle switches by the gear selector until you see on the binacle the the signs E 3.

Enjoy and let us know how you get on.

You'll find an owners manual in the glovebox.
Best to read that first then ask questions about anything you don't understand.
It will feel natural in no time at all.

KERS 3 isn't always best as coasting is better than putting energy back in the batteries. You lose some of the energy in the process of accelerating and using regen through KERS. Really depends on your driving style and the roads.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom