Geniepoint Public Charger network not working

Enquirer 62

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
What has happened to Geniepoint charging network. Within 20 mile radius of my home,15 out of the their 21 charging points are not working at all and of the other 6 only 3 have working CCS 50KW working units. A recent survey posted on line found that less than 50% of all companies in the national network are fully working and a recent Utube video found 4 working out of 10 in East Yorkshire.
This dire state will put a lot of people of changing to EV. The main problem is not so much that there is a shortage of Public EV Chargers
although many more are needed. What is essential is that we have chargers that actually WORK.

What has happened to Geniepoint charging network. Within 20 mile radius of my home,15 out of the their 21 charging points are not working at all and of the other 6 only 3 have working CCS 50KW working units. A recent survey posted on line found that less than 50% of all companies in the national network are fully working and a recent Utube video found 4 working out of 10 in East Yorkshire.
This dire state will put a lot of people of changing to EV. The main problem is not so much that there is a shortage of Public EV Chargers
although many more are needed. What is essential is that we have chargers that actually WORK.
Did you contact Geniepoint to inform or complain to them and if so what did they say ?

Did you contact Geniepoint to inform or complain to them and if so what did they say ?
Contacted them a month ago to report the seven that were not working within 8 miles of my home. none of them have been repaired up to today.... I have to travel 10 miles to the nearest working 50KW charger. A Podpoint located in a Tesco Superstore...

Only just made it home last night. The charging points in the car navigation system seem to be phantom installations. I gave up diverting to try to charge up and limped home going at 19mph up a hill. This was the return journey and we diverted 3 times to broken or non existent chargers.

Prius for long journeys and MG4 for journeys where reliance on 3rd party charging is not required. Great shame! Upside 3.7m/kwh - over 111miles - yeah

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 18.20.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 18.20.35.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 61
I couldn’t agree more. My local GeniePoint 7.5kW chargers have been out of action for many months after the fault has been reported (and I can‘t charge at home).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom