Government cuts EV grant by £500 and limits to under £35k vehicles

Hang on, if I’m due to collect my car tomorrow does that mean I’m going to have to pay another £500?

What a stupidly backwards step. On one hand they're banning ICE cars from 2030, then cutting the incentive on the alternative. A little warning would of been useful, I was hovering over buying an MG5 and now got stung for £500. This is madness.
Luscombes are maintaining the full £3000 grant.....worth a look.

Luscombes are maintaining the full £3000 grant.....worth a look.
Just had a chat with them. They will hold the price until 1st April, then the grant cut will apply. They also said however that the price of the car increases 1st April too!

Just had a chat with them. They will hold the price until 1st April, then the grant cut will apply. They also said however that the price of the car increases 1st April too!
Sounds like they're prepared to take the hit in that case - PiCG is itemised on the invoice as a government grant so whilst they might maintain the current OTR price for a couple of weeks, it's the dealer who effectively loses the £500 as a result. Any indications of what that price rise might be?!

Tried to sign it but it says that 5 people have already supported this and to check back in a few days!

I'd maybe hold off on publishing it on Facebook, until the petition 'opens' back up?

Cheers

Bloggsy

For what its worth, I've started this. Need just five people to sign before it goes live, would appreciate it if someone could sign it please!

Click this link to sign the petition:
Petition: Delay the Plug-in Car grant cut.

My petition:

Delay the Plug-in Car grant cut.

Delay the reduction to the plugin car grant until lockdown is eased and car purchases can be completed. Since car dealerships closed during lockdown, customers have been unable to purchase a vehicle. The timing of the grant cut is unfair and poorly timed.

The Government today (18/03/2021) announced a cut to the Electric Car Grant from £3,000 to £2,500, with immediate effect and no warning. UK car dealerships have been closed during the COVID-19 lockdown making car purchases difficult. Therefore, many customers have been forced to delay purchases until lockdown is eased and make a safe purchase. The immediate cut to the plug-in car grant DURING lockdown is poorly timed and offered no fair warning to customers waiting to make a purchase.
@Neil Fellows Tried to sign but it now says to try again in a few days!!

Tried to sign it but it says that 5 people have already supported this and to check back in a few days!

I'd maybe hold off on publishing it on Facebook, until the petition 'opens' back up?

Cheers

Bloggsy
Hi, thanks for the feedback, I'll hold off pushing it on social media etc. until the Government has 'approved' it now. They've emailed me to say it can take 'several weeks'! You can tell its the first time I've done this....

The levels of ignorance on show in theatHYS section is... actually about where I thought it would be 🤦‍♂️ Charge for 3 hours, drive 10 mins. Need a new battery every few years.

The only person asking a sensible question has been querying where they'll charge when they've no dedicated parking. The rest is just ignorant mince 🤦‍♂️

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom