Had my 1st Rapid Charge Fail (but sorted by help number)

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have used the Instavolt Rapid Charger many times since it opened at a local McDonalds. Today for the first time it failed to read my card. Interestingly the same thing happened to the other Instavolt Charger next to me. Rang the number supplied and the issue was resolved very quickly as I also had the app and had registered with Instavolt several months ago. Pre-planning is definately worth it. It appears they also gave me a £1 credit which went towards the coffee and McFlurry while waiting for the charge. Took about 35 mins 30% to 80%.

Very impressed with the ease of sorting this out. So thanks Instavolt.

I have used the Instavolt Rapid Charger many times since it opened at a local McDonalds. Today for the first time it failed to read my card. Interestingly the same thing happened to the other Instavolt Charger next to me. Rang the number supplied and the issue was resolved very quickly as I also had the app and had registered with Instavolt several months ago. Pre-planning is definately worth it. It appears they also gave me a £1 credit which went towards the coffee and McFlurry while waiting for the charge. Took about 35 mins 30% to 80%.

Very impressed with the ease of sorting this out. So thanks Instavolt.
Is it possible that your card had reached it's contactless count limit. This is a common reason for this happening, hence didn't work on either but app did.
I had similar the other day in the supermarket but but there is no option to insert and use PIN on the chargers.

Last edited:
I never thought about that! A point well made.

It would perhaps make sense to use the card in a shop and put it in the machine and enter the PIN just before one is setting off on a journey when you're intending to use it to pay for charging. Also to have two cards, maybe credit and debit, just in case.

Another member made the excellent point that it's worth making a habit of using your credit card rather than your debit card when paying for charging, because if the charger takes an authorisation charge then the charge fails, the phantom debit isn't fouling up your current account.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom