• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Has Anyone Got an MG Dashcam (DVR)?

Expat Ever

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm using the dashcam from my last car via the 12v lighter socket and want to upgrade to a 2 channel (front & rear) set hard wired to allow recording while parked. MG has one they describe as the MG DVR and although the price is good, I'm not thrilled about the specs and haven't been able to find a review with a video sample yet. Has anyone tried one or got any experience that might help me decide? By the way, I'm not in the UK so it's possible that they don't offer it there.

I don't recall ever seeing this marketed in the UK.
If you might be interested in a wider range there are quite a few threads where members express their preferences :)

Thanks, You're probably right. I know what I will get if, as I suspect, the MG one isn't promising: the Viofo A129 Pro Duo is a 2 channel version of the one I already have and although it comes in a bit pricey, the reviews are all good.

Thanks, You're probably right. I know what I will get if, as I suspect, the MG one isn't promising: the Viofo A129 Pro Duo is a 2 channel version of the one I already have and although it comes in a bit pricey, the reviews are all good.
I know little about dashcamd but I do know that lots of people recommend Viofo.

I got a dashcam about five years ago when an off duty policeman drove across a minor junction without looking, directly in front of me. I was only doing about 30kph and he swore blind I was speeding despite the damage where I hit his pickup being obviously minimal. Half a dozen witnesses could tell he was in the wrong but, this being Thailand, they wouldn't speak up when the insurance agent arrived. Never driven without one since - the cost is minimal taking into account Insurance premium discount (5% here) and the excess I had to pay for even that one incident.

I've found the most helpful site for researching dashcams is DashCamTalk where you can find a lot of sample videos (unfortunately not from the MG!) posted by forum members. Viofo has been described as the top end of the Chinese brands and my experience of the A119v3 has been good - it's only that I want to have a front/rear setup that's prompting my plan to upgrade.

If anyone is interested, I could post a sample video in a separate thread.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom