• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Wanted Anyone know of an MG5 forsale?

philkeel

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all.
I am about to take the plunge into the EV life.
I am after an MG 5 Exclusive pre-facelift. Has anyone got one or know of one, they could recommend, that is for sale. Any info or help would be appreciated.

You're well placed in the Midlands to get one. I paid £26,500 for 2021 MG5 Exclusive with 11,000 miles and was unable to sell it a few months later. Autotrader has several from around £15k for a Cat C and not much wrong with it and £18,000 for a low mileage one. But check the insurance premium - up from £475 last year to £750 now.

I would go for a 2022 Long Range Eclusive in blue with 60 kWh battery and adaptive cruise control.

Wow. That's incredible.
I lied........ it was £289.35, sorry.

dline01.PNG

Give em a call it's a great Insurance Co.

Remember Insurance is dependent on many individual factors, you will not receive the same quote as @johnb80
Of course, it's always been the case. For what its worth I don't garage the car at night, Ive declared max 8000 miles per year, I'm a retired 69 year old with no points on my license and it's used for SD&P.

A lot can change with your employment, my son is a programmer / software developer, he does coding in various languages. If he puts programmer as occupation the price is dramatically different to coder or developer. It's worth a look at your employment contract to make sure you have the right title.

Of course, it's always been the case. For what its worth I don't garage the car at night, Ive declared max 8000 miles per year, I'm a retired 69 year old with no points on my license and it's used for SD&P.

A lot can change with your employment, my son is a programmer / software developer, he does coding in various languages. If he puts programmer as occupation the price is dramatically different to coder or developer. It's worth a look at your employment contract to make sure you have the right title.
Agreed the factors affecting premium are unfathomable.
And FWIW I don't garage my car at night, I've declared max 6000 miles per year, I'm retired, a smidge younger than johnb80, no points on my license, 15 years NCD and it's used SD&P.....latest cheapest quote done as a trial just to check.....£650.

Go figure.

Agreed the factors affecting premium are unfathomable.
And FWIW I don't garage my car at night, I've declared max 6000 miles per year, I'm retired, a smidge younger than johnb80, no points on my license, 15 years NCD and it's used SD&P.....latest cheapest quote done as a trial just to check.....£650.

Go figure.
Youre a young tearaway living in a dodgy area :):):)

Youre a young tearaway living in a dodgy area :):):)
I wish I was :D
The increase has been phenomenal, as noted in other threads The great big insurance rip off

My first year with the 5, was approx £280, the next just over £400, and not looking forward to real renewal figures coming up in January. Nothing changed between those amounts other than me a year older and another years NCD. My wife, same age is also on as a driver.
I do add NCD protection which adds a bit - I noted you hadn't in your quote. and I also restrict total excess to max £250 (compulsory + voluntary), so that usually adds a bit more. Is your excess higher to keep premium down ?

I do add NCD protection which adds a bit - I noted you hadn't in your quote. and I also restrict total excess to max £250 (compulsory + voluntary), so that usually adds a bit more. Is your excess higher to keep premium down ?
My excess I voluntary increased to reduce my premium (it was £315 with £250 excess). Protected no claims isnt worth the paper its written on, years ago I had my van broken into, tools and equipment were stolen. I had protected no claim and I made a claim on my insurance. At renewal time, my NCD was still there at full NCD, but my premiums had gone up due to the claim so I see little point in protecting NCD.

Thing is, everyone is a blank sheet until ticking the boxes, my premium with DL is £501, fully comp, 76 yrs young , clean license, kept on locked up drive, 10,000 mls annually and 0 (zero) excess, can't see the point in having insurance, if you end up footing the bloody bill.
Like I said, everyone's a blank sheet.

Its not my driving ability that's what I pay a bit extra for, it's to protect me against the other's driving ability, after 40 yrs as a long distance truckie, I've come across some bloody idiots in car mate.

Its not my driving ability that's what I pay a bit extra for, it's to protect me against the other's driving ability, after 40 yrs as a long distance truckie, I've come across some bloody idiots in car mate.
If it's the other drivers fault your excess wont come into the claim, it's all on the other driver ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom