• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Hendy Exeter - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I can't recommend Hendy - despite specifically making a point of it multiple times during the sales process, my car was delivered with microscratches all over it due to poor preparation, i.e. washed with a grit-filled cloth. My complaint was met with "it's water-based paint now, they all do that". No it isn't and no they don't, and a neighbour who bought from the same place doesn't have this problem (although he paid extra for the paint protection product). Also no idea when it comes to mapping and updates and general software queries.

The service department seem OK so far....

I wouldn’t recommend this MG dealer either I bought my car from here ok it was a used car but for us it was a lot of money so we were very excited we traveled down to Exeter from Bristol upon arrival we were met by an extremely miserable salesman who just wanted us to pay and go as quick as possible. When I asked if myself and the wife could have a cup of tea it was a flat no machine was broke yet he had a cup of tea in front of him so he coUtd of made us one. It all became apparent as to why he was so unpleasant and it was because we paid in cash and didn’t want any of the extras on offer, this needs to change because I don’t like being treated like a second class citizen just because I’ve saved and I dont want to enter into a finance agreement.

Is this acceptable service? - here’s my story
First annual service 1st July 2022 exactly one year after picking car up. The 3rd MG bought from them in Exeter in less than 3 years. I should say this experience is with a new service manager.
The day before service was due I notice front number plate missing so rang Exeter and warned them I needed a new one -stating that I was surprised there were no screw holes so assumed just held on by tape. Told them I thought this was therefore not a surprise.
Brought back courtesy car and usual pleasant conversation with service desk end of same day. “Service all paid for sir as per your service plan, just the number plate to pay for.”
I contested this under the principle of no screws held original on. So service manager was called out. She informed me it was not covered as only 12 month’s warranty. I pointed out this was exactly 12 months and informed yesterday. (Really? Siting warranty?) - She then came out with, “Look I’ll tell you what, you just pay for the plate and we’ll pay for the labour”. Sorry but my voice raised a little, -how much have you charged for peeling back some double sided tape? She raises her hand palm forward, “ah, we have screwed it on securely”. Exasperated I replied - so why on earth did you not do it right the first time? Palm raised again, she turns walking swiftly away saying, “do you know what, I’ll pay for it myself.”
The end……..

First annual service 1st July 2022 exactly one year after picking car up. The 3rd MG bought from them in Exeter in less than 3 years. I should say this experience is with a new service manager.
The day before service was due I notice front number plate missing so rang Exeter and warned them I needed a new one -stating that I was surprised there were no screw holes so assumed just held on by tape. Told them I thought this was therefore not a surprise.
Brought back courtesy car and usual pleasant conversation with service desk end of same day. “Service all paid for sir as per your service plan, just the number plate to pay for.”
I contested this under the principle of no screws held original on. So service manager was called out. She informed me it was not covered as only 12 month’s warranty. I pointed out this was exactly 12 months and informed yesterday. (Really? Siting warranty?) - She then came out with, “Look I’ll tell you what, you just pay for the plate and we’ll pay for the labour”. Sorry but my voice raised a little, -how much have you charged for peeling back some double sided tape? She raises her hand palm forward, “ah, we have screwed it on securely”. Exasperated I replied - so why on earth did you not do it right the first time? Palm raised again, she turns walking swiftly away saying, “do you know what, I’ll pay for it myself.”
The end……..
No it’s not acceptable how much is the labour for screwing in 2 self tappers ? Unfortunately there’s not much to be made from servicing an EV so they try to find extras even if it’s something they didn’t do right in the first place 😡

I can only judge as I find. I had my old MG zs ev Exclusive serviced at Hendy Exeter twice and recently bought a Trophy connect. I found them to be excellent.

The end……..
Hendy’s no more needed to be said

I can only judge as I find. I had my old MG zs ev Exclusive serviced at Hendy Exeter twice and recently bought a Trophy connect. I found them to be excellent.
Can I ask if you took delivery of your Trophy connect from them? Was it a long range or standard? Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom