HI all nice to meet you all .... Lincoln MG dealer for sale ??

Val Marshal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My local MG dealer charles warner got an enquiry board outside where pentagon used to be . When I looked on Eddisons/Banks long and co, it shows the whole site up for sale .. Looks like another MG dealer closing I have had many good years of service from them , they treat you like a friend not just a customer, all the staff are so nice and have always helped me out and sorted any problems I have had .

Having spoken to the service staff at Charles Warner this morning I can only confirm that this very, very sad story is correct. Warner's staff have been told the dealership is closing at the end of May this year. The company does own the whole building, including the part that Pentagon used to occupy, hence the sale that @Val Marshal reports.

As someone who has bought cars from Warner's since the 1990s and always received excellent service I can only echo the sentiments expressed by @Val Marshal and @Alb.

For those of us who live near Lincoln the search now begins for a new dealership which is able to offer the same level of service and accessibility that Warner's offered. Thankfully, my car is already booked in to Warner's for its second service in just over a week's time, but then ...

😭 😭 😭

Having spoken to the service staff at Charles Warner this morning I can only confirm that this very, very sad story is correct. Warner's staff have been told the dealership is closing at the end of May this year. The company does own the whole building, including the part that Pentagon used to occupy, hence the sale that @Val Marshal reports.

As someone who has bought cars from Warner's since the 1990s and always received excellent service I can only echo the sentiments expressed by @Val Marshal and @Alb.

For those of us who live near Lincoln the search now begins for a new dealership which is able to offer the same level of service and accessibility that Warner's offered. Thankfully, my car is already booked in to Warner's for its second service in just over a week's time, but then ...

😭 😭 😭
Yes it is sad then, Keith on reception always goes the extra mile to help you. With my old car I had a cutting out problem I took it back to the suppling dealer who told me it was the Engine computer that had a fault and they wanted £800 to fix it, a friend recommended Warners, I got a phone call from them saying the mechanic Neil had found a wire breaking down and had repaired it and road tested it and had cured the problem, my bill was £75 inc vat . I will miss their good honest service and I hope Warners see them right when they lose their jobs.

Keith on reception always goes the extra mile to help you

Agree 100%! Also David on reception, all the sales staff and the service technicians, though they currently have only one of these, Neil. Not to mention the Accident Repair Centre, run by Thomas Warner.

I wonder whether this is another example of MGUK removing the franchise? I will endeavour to find out when I take my car for its service next week.

I hate to see the loss of any independent dealer as they tend to give much better service than the big chains.
Agreed, before I moved to Norfolk I used the same independent Mazda dealer for 15 years and bought 4 new cars and had them serviced there. I took my MX5 to the local 'dealer' after moving and found them to be completely uninterested, and failed to do what I requested (this was EMG in Kings Lynn btw.), sadly the dealer I bought the MG from can now only service but cannot sell a new car. Hopefully they will still have the backup of MG UK when I get the car serviced.

Before selling our ZS I had it serviced and whilst waiting was speaking to the sales guy. He informed me that a lot of dealers are not bowing to MG terms.

They had to buy new office desks, £500 each.
A suitcase to show how it fits into the boot. £400.

This is why they are 'losing' the franchise

A E Wilcox & Sons in Wickwar, South Glos are chucking the franchise in due to the unrealistic targets and compliance. They are a small family business and already have Citroen, and have changed franchises a few times and will always survive due to a loyal customer base.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom