Hi Guys & Girls

Wildthing

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I have just joined this more grown up forum, I had a spell with the Facebook Xpower owners thing but this is more my style before 74 years young. I picked up my new car a week ago and to say I'm smitten would a massive understatement, talk about a Wolf in Sheep's clothing, it has to be the most fun there is for 35 grand. Before I retired I was a mechanic for 3 decades and in that time I drove a lot of cars. The only thing on par was a birthday treat from my Wife in a Ferrari F430, but what bloody good is that when there's hardly room for your briefcase. We went along in my tired old Fiat Stilo Abarth, which I bought new almost 22 years ago, just to give an MG4 a test, they had an Xpower demo in Blue and I really wanted 4 wheel drive so we took it for a run. Well in spite of the fact my trade was worth peanuts (just enough for the GardX treatment) we had to have one. They had a new one in Artic White which we fell in love with. A week on and I personally could never go back to a fussy ICE motor, isn't it great to cruise at 70+ and still hear the sound system!

20230430_164900.jpg

Enjoy your new motor. 🙂👍

I have just joined this more grown up forum, I had a spell with the Facebook Xpower owners thing but this is more my style before 74 years young. I picked up my new car a week ago and to say I'm smitten would a massive understatement, talk about a Wolf in Sheep's clothing, it has to be the most fun there is for 35 grand. Before I retired I was a mechanic for 3 decades and in that time I drove a lot of cars. The only thing on par was a birthday treat from my Wife in a Ferrari F430, but what bloody good is that when there's hardly room for your briefcase. We went along in my tired old Fiat Stilo Abarth, which I bought new almost 22 years ago, just to give an MG4 a test, they had an Xpower demo in Blue and I really wanted 4 wheel drive so we took it for a run. Well in spite of the fact my trade was worth peanuts (just enough for the GardX treatment) we had to have one. They had a new one in Artic White which we fell in love with. A week on and I personally could never go back to a fussy ICE motor, isn't it great to cruise at 70+ and still hear the sound system!
Nice post to read. Lots of us can relate after a lifetime of performance ice cars behind us. Welcome aboard ! I also have the arctic white x power (best colour in my humble opinion) the experience gets even better with Octopus 🐙 energy ev tariffs as it only costs me £8 every 10 days to fully charge at home 😎. I look forward to more posts from you & hope you thoroughly enjoy your new car
1714212901190.png
1714212901190.png

Welcome to the forum.

I myself went to test drive a basic MG4 for a 'bit of a laugh'

Didn't really expect to like it at all to be honest.

Drove the X Power demo with just 199 miles off the forecourt one week later!

Absolutely epic in my eye.

I've written thousands of words on here about my experience with the car and suffice to say, She's a keeper!

I think She is a She? (She's very naughty)

I haven't discussed its preffered pronouns with it, to be honest.🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom