• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

High beam does what it wants

Zipper85

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Since I got my car for only one week, I don't understand the High beam settings. In fact in the car Settings I turned automatic High beam off. But when driving sometimes High beam still comes automatically on and off, without me doing something... It even shows in the middle instrument screen the Auto high beam.

Am I doing something wrong or is my car wrong?
Comfort Update 2 is installed, but it seems to be only half installed as I can't see the remaining range in the middle screen but got the temperature in the infotainment. My dealer is looking with MG to get the latest updates.

I have the same problem with my high beam, setting installed to turn it off with the Comfort 2, but it still comes on and therefore when it goes in for its first service I will raise the issue and ask for the update to be installed again.

Yes, it is really embarrassing... And you can't turn it off manually on the lever...

I find when on Auto High Beam if I flash someone (to let them out of a junction or thank someone) the light stays illuminated for about a second.
It's INFURIATING. I like the auto high beam but this problem means I've had to switch it off.

Yes. It’s very irritating. I’ve had a few cars with auto-high beam or high-beam assist as some manufacturers call it. I would say only about 10% of the cars I’ve owned had a good usable system. I would rate Volvo as number 1 (XC90) Of the cars that I’ve had. Their matrix headlamps are brilliant. Number 2 would be BMW X5. MG‘s attempt is not good - which is fine - as long as you can switch it off and it stays off!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom